This is my family's 12th spring break at this resort, and this is the first time we have come away feeling a little dissappointed. There were no activites (crafts, games, movies) for the kids. There were no activities (casino, comedy or music in the lounge) for the adults. The prices for EVERYTHING have increased and the services have decreased. Pool towels for guests are now $2 ... each. Our room price was twice what we paid the year before. The lodge casino has moved, along with the snack bar.
The staff was as friendly ever, but it seemed they were a little embarassed about the lack of services. "We are under new management," was the standard reply to our concerns about the dissappointing changes.
We will be watching closely to see if New Management finds a way to operate this resort in a way that maximizes their budget without breaking mine. Till then we, regrettably, will stay away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kah-Nee-Ta Resort and Spa offers a variety of accommodations from suites and private view balcony rooms in the Lodge to Village suites and teepees and even a full-service RV Park. Every option is close to all the fun and diverse activities available at Kah-Nee-Ta.Kah-Nee-Ta Village was completed in 1964 and named for the Indian woman Xnitla, "Root Digger" who had owned the property. Xnitla was a scout and spiritual leader who used the natural hot springs and indigenous plants and roots for medicinal purposes and religious ceremonies. The Lodge and Convention Center opened in 1972Kah-Nee-Ta Resort is located on the 600,000+ Sq Acre Warm Springs Indian Reservation. It is owned and operated by the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs. The Warm Springs Reservation was established by The Treaty of 1855 on a small reserve of land where our ancestors lived for thousands of years. In 1937 the Wasco, Paiute and Warm Springs Tribes organized as the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs and became a sovereign, self-governing nation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Kah-Nee-Ta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kah-Nee-Ta High Desert Hotel Warm Springs
- Kah-Nee-Ta High Desert Resort And Casino