“Very good for the price”
Review of Alsi Resort

Alsi Resort
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Waldport
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Don't panic if you can't find Soul Vacation Resort at the provided address. The name had been changed to Alsi Resort but for some reason it is not updated on Expedia. The size of our double bed room is adequate, but the bathroom is too small and there is not enough space to put my personal items around the sink. The password-protected WiFi has excellent range and strength! The continental breakfast is a bit basic but still nicer than most other motels I stayed.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ScenicLover803

Reviewed July 9, 2013

To be fair I was very excited to spend the evening at the Soul Vacation Resort! My stay was scheduled for the Monday after their grand opening, July 1, 2013. My main reason for choosing this place was the beach access, gluten free dining, and on site lounge. When we checked in the first thing that we noticed was that the restaurant and lounge were closed. This surprised me because I had personally called to make sure the dining facility was available. The very young gentleman that registered us explained that there had been some kind of emergency the night before that caused the chef and the bartender to quit. After getting to our room, I completely understood that need to flee. No central air of any kind, base board heat. Out dated rooms, dirty bathroom, and general unsafe feeling. I have never asked for my money back at a hotel, but I did not feel like I had a choice, there was NO way I was going to stay in that place, especially considering the room rates are WAY out of line with the quality of this establishment. I used Trip Advisor reviews to make my decision to reserve my stay and I do not want someone else to go that far out of their way to stay in a place like this, by the way after getting our money back we fortunately found an awesome room in Lincoln CIty, Oregon where we comfortably stayed at the Comfort Inn for a mere $30.00 more per night.

GF Girl

Room Tip: I think I said all that needed to be said! I rated the service as average because I do not thing it...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank td3968
Reviewed July 8, 2013

One of the only hotels in Waldport (according to the Chamber of Commerce) to view 4th of July fireworks. We weren't disappointed by the Firework show; just the hotel. Rooms are extremely small; we stayed in a 2 queens room with a bay view. Not all rooms have a microwave and or a refrigerator so call ahead. Pets are allowed (extra charge) and have a large area of grass and near by small rocky beach cove. Check your comforter and sheets shortly after arrival. We discovered what appeared to be fur from a short haired dog. After Manager inspection housekeeping remade the beds. Unfortunately, the restaurant on site was closed (hopefully will reopen soon}. Pool was protected from wind and very nicely set up. I think with remodeling and freshening up this would be a nice resort.

Room Tip: Reserve a room with a Bay View!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank tbubbette
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The location of this resort is perfect. The front desk person was friendly, but did not give good references to local restaurants. The room was nicely located and comfortable . . .especially the bed! It would have been nice to have a small refrigerator. The room did have a safe. Everything seemed clean, until I found a wad of long black hair on the floor in the bathroom! Better cleaning is in order! Also, they need to bleach their white towels and especially wash clothes, as 2 of them had stains from past makeup removal. . . I did finally find an unstained one to use. The back of the hotel offers picnic tables and firepits for siting by the bay . . nice touch. We slept well and the buffet breakfast was very substantial, with hard boiled eggs, fruit (strawberries!), cereal, doughnuts, and lots of coffee and tea.

Room Tip: Ask for bay view room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jackiehamblin
Reviewed May 17, 2013

No, it's not a resort but for the price, we thought it was just fine. We had a great view and could drive to yachats and newport quickly. We were able to bring our dogs which is a bonus for us. It's nothing fancy but it was clean and nice for the price.

Room Tip: Top floor down towards the end has great views...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KTW97702
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel with friends for weekend courses on cooking organic, sugar free, gluten free, and dairy free meals. The food was amazing, but I ended up getting much more than cooking out of the experience. It was about connecting to food, yourself, and the land. The hotel was not flashy or luxurious, but the accommodations and the amazing location bring a sense of simplicity and connection to nature. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The yoga instructor was awesome. It is a short walk to an amazing beach. I would go back any day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cheryl E
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I recently stayed at the Soul Retreat after taking a drive out to the coast. I had never been to Waldport before but found it to be a great location. Just a short drive to the aquarium, Newport, Yahats and not too far from Lincoln City shopping.
The staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful pointing out where I might like to go exploring and for a meal while there kitchen was getting redone. The view from my room faced the bay which was very calming and I never slept better. The bed was awesome!
The manager explained to me that the hotel was undergoing a complete renovation and would soon boast a 5 star restaurant,upgraded rooms and a number of other services more in line with a spa retreat. It sounded wonderful and I look forward to the changes.
All in all, for a place where I was just hoping to get a clean room and a good nights sleep, I was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. I would definitely recommend to anyone who is driving on the coast or simply looking for a nice place to relax.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank April B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waldport
5 mi away
#6 of 11 in Yachats
The Waldport Inn
The Waldport Inn
#1 of 4 in Waldport

Been to Alsi Resort? Share your experiences!