“Awesome”

Jamie's Dockside Diner at Taylor's Landing
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Asian, Diner
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations
Description: PERMANENTLY CLOSED Jamie's is a down home diner. Everything is cooked to order special for you. We welcome you to join us for breakfast & lunch in our incredible setting. We float on the Alsea River. Enjoy the sights of Salmon being reeled in. You might be lucky enough to spot a River Otter, Seal, Elk or Bald Eagle while enjoying a wonderful meal amongst good company. We also have a tackle, bait and convenience store on the dock with wine, beer & ice. Located on Hwy 34 at mile marker 7. Turn into Taylor's Landing RV & Marina, park in the grassy area and head down to the river to find us. Open Thurs - Mon 7:30am-3pm.
Lebanon, Oregon
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Very good food. We recommend the stirfry and the breakfast burrito. The Dockside Diner has a cozy atmosphere.

1 Thank mhf53

Eugene, Oregon
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Kind of awkward to get to because you have to drive through an older manufactured home park, but the food and the people were wonderful. This place sits right on the water and you can enjoy the river. Went there with 4 of my gradeschool friends for brunch and we had a blast! The owners were very attentive and cooked us wonderful food. I have been trying to tell everyone I know about this place....well worth it!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Danielle M
Corvallis, Oregon
“Grandma's biscuits and an era gone by!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stopping at Jaime's takes me back to road trips taken with my grandparents in the 50's and 60's. Curvy two-lane highways and restaurants with friendly service, delicious food and that quiet comfort of an era gone by. The close quarters, counter service, friendly staff and even the bathroom in another building.....don't forget the key ring - are all part of the experience for me! We ate on the dock, soaked up the sun and let the water wash away the cares of our busy lives. No matter what else I order from the menu - I always get a biscuit as well. They are the closest I've found to my Grandma's. Yum!
A trip to the coast isn't complete without stopping at Jaime's.

2 Thank peggyonvacation
Portland, Oregon
“Confused”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went out of our way to eat at Jamie's because of the reviews on Tripadvisor and walked out very confused because it wasn't at all like what we had read with the exception of the location. It's in a great place! On a dock floating on the Alsea river, very beautiful. But the food, eh. Nothing is fresh! Frozen burgers ,chicken, veggie patties. We had the two items that we figured couldn't have been frozen, the French Dip and the Pulled Pork. The Dip was ok and the pulled pork was just awful. Oh and the only seafood option was a salmon burger. NOT fresh salmon, no way!
The service was very poor. Jamie waited on us and seemed to try very hard to be friendly but she was obviously very insincere. My wife and I hung out for awhile to enjoy the food and witnessed Jamie trying to sell, sell, sell everything from "delicious" food to coffee mugs with her name on them. The whole time we had dirty dishes in front of us. Maybe they wait until you leave before they clear your table? Then when we paid our bill she asked "would you like change?" Hell yes we want change! We walked out feeling ripped off by a shady car saleswoman. My advice would be to pack a lunch and go to the park on the other side of the river from Jamie's to eat.

3 Thank kevin h
Keizer, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic old boathouse & baitshop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Lunch on the river with the October sun warming us was a treat. Our new "hidden gem." Wouldn't have found it without TripAdvisor and other customers. Thanks! Funky old dock at a fishing camp -- with great food and outstanding customer service. Salmon burger was wonderful, a little extra sauce delivered promptly and cheerfully; crisp coleslaw with a light dressing; good Rogue ale. The warm berry cobbler is wonderful. Thanks Jamee!

1 Thank Tillersmomma