“had lunch”

Dickie Jo's
Portland, Oregon, United States
“had lunch”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stopped for lunch. It was good but not by any means awesome. Place was clean and had lots to choose from. A little expensice for what we got. This one might be a see for yourself. I know many people that love it but I thought it was just ok.

Visited December 2013

Tualatin, Oregon
“A lot of money for not a lot of taste”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had heard from a person at work that Dickie Jo's had really good soft serve shakes. We were hungry on Saturday and decided to stop in for lunch. My friend at work was right about the shakes. They were great. I had vanilla (they use a special version of vanilla) and my wife had chocolate. Would come back again for the shakes. Also, the service was friendly. The atmosphere was typical diner (red & white-UNCOMFORTABLE SEATING!).

The big disappointment was the burgers. Very bland meat, so-so buns and the sauce was horrible! $25 for 2 burgers, fries and shakes was a rip off. I can think of several other better burger places, but DJ's just isn't very good. We were hopeful it would be good as we both love burgers and they are in a pretty convenient location.

• Visited October 2013
Beaverton, Oregon
“Yummy burgers and fries”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I tried Dickie Jo's for the first time and we were pleasantly surprised with the tasty hamburgers and fries. They have a good selection of food- hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, ice-cream products. The sauce they use on the hamburgers is very good. The employees were super friendly and accommodating.

• Visited July 2013
Tualatin, Oregon
“Awesome Fries and good burgers”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Dickie Jo's is like many of the new burger stands popping up that move away from the fast food genre and give you more of a wholesome burger. The burgers are juicy and delicious....though certain toppings will cost you more which can make an ok priced burger very expensive. We do recommend the Garlic Fries as these are better than the burgers. I don't recommend getting chili as a topping on the burger as while it tastes good it is not the smothered in chili, open faced burger that most are looking for in a good chili burger.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Junker79
Oregon
“Bun fell apart on third bite”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Once again, I found myself meeting my son on the other side of town for lunch. He had eaten here before and thought I'd like to try them. After fighting the horrendous traffic that seems the West side norm, I found the parking lot. Which if I had turned at Fred Myers, off I-5 and went straight through, I would have saved a big headache from following google maps. It directed me up the road and said make a U turn, which is near impossible and questionably not legal there anyway, so more parking lot adventures.

It was noon when I got there and we walked right up, no line and they were not busy. Which made me wonder a little, since it was lunch time and most places I have met him at over there have been packed. I ordered just a basic burger and garlic fries.

It came out pretty quick, and I thought the flavor was just okay. My son ordered bacon on his and what I noticed, is his bun stayed in one piece, but mine was dripping in grease and fell apart. Not appealing. There were plenty of fries and they were a tad on the greasy side as well. Would I go back? No, I think there are better places out there. For two of us ordering burgers, fries and 2 drinks it was $25. I think that is expensive, myself.

• Visited June 2013