All reviews front desk fred meyer jacuzzi suite room was clean the maintenance man waffle maker cookies waffles short stay shopping and restaurants within walking distance great place to stay biscuits and gravy hot breakfast enjoyed my stay nice breakfast would stay here again
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was a wondrfulmotel. The Room was so quiet! We stayed in October. The price was OK, but the amenities made up for it. The room was spacious. The only detriment was the upstairs neighbor, but even his heavy fotsteps did not detract from a wonderful night's sleep. Really enjoyed the breakfast room attendant. She was cheery and on top of things!

Room Tip: Room 117 was great!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The staff here is top notch! I have stayed here several times and will continue to do so. The staff will go out of its way to help you out. Example: Breakfast starts at 6:00am. I was up and leaving for work and the person that was putting the breakfast together offered me the opportunity to grab a bit to eat it was 5:15am. Like I said the staff is outstanding. We have a pet with us and they have all been so friendly. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The 24 hr pool is great. The kids loved going down to the pool and swimming at night A++
Gilbert is amazing... This guy went way out of his way to take care of us upon checking in and followed up with us before the end of his shift to make sure everything was ok. ( I would love to have this kind of employee working for me.. again outstanding!!!) Gilbert is one of the reasons my family has come back to stay many times.. My kids couldn't wait for Gilbert to put out the cookies in the evening. Gilbert deserves 5 stars!! I can't say enough great things about Gilbert. He really impressed me and I travel a lot.
If you have the chance to stay in Tualatin I would strongly recommend this outstanding place.

Thanks for everything! (Gilbert & staff)
Byron J.

Room Tip: Outstanding service.. great location. Pet Friendly
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Stacey R, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Byron,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and our team here strives for 100% guest satisfaction. We are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will share your comments with Gilbert and all the staff.

Again thank you for your review,

Reviewed July 22, 2012

The Comfort Inn and....um....Suites in Tualatin is a dirty, dingy, tired hotel with paper thin walls. My wife and I stayed here largely based of these reviews and three words sum up our experience -- are you kidding? Top it off with a lame, spartin breakfast (a generous description) of horrible coffee and stale foodstuffs will keep us out of this hotel in the future. I would avoid the dirty pool at all costs. If the uncomfortable beds and paper thin walls dont keep you awake all night, the random fire alarm going off (four times) will.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Stacey R, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear MA Willie,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at our hotel. We do value and take our guest feedback very seriously as we strive for 100% guest satisfaction.

I do truly apologize for the inconvenience of the fire alarm during your stay. Unfortunately, this situation was beyond our control. The alarm was triggered by a pull station that someone pulled during the night. As soon as we discovered the broken pull station, we contacted the appropriate people to immediately repair it. I do understand your frustration caused by this occurrence and I can only assure you that we did everything in our power to limit the interruption to all of our guests.

I am sorry you felt as though the pool was dirty during your stay. The chemicals are checked by the staff every two hours to maintain county regulations on water quality and cleanliness standards.

Our breakfast features eggs, meat, yogurt and fresh fruit. We also offer biscuits and gravy, cereal and of course, pastries. Our breakfast also includes your choice of hot; make your own waffles featuring two flavor choices! I do apologize that you found our selection lacking.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stay in Portland once a year; this is our second visit to this hotel. Tualatin is a great location--close enough to Portland for ease. far enough to save on cost. We also like this area because it is less than a half hour to the Woodburn Company Stores outlet mall. Easy access to I-5 and I-205. Lots of restaurants in the area--from fast food to sit down. A Fred Meyer grocery store a block away. Since we reserved three in our party, they gave us their largest room which included a kitchenette. Even those only two of us actually stayed, they insisted we keep the room. LOTS of room and very comfortable beds. The continental breakfast was good and included sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and waffle machines. I was pleased to see hardboiled eggs and fresh fruit. Bread and cereal products, as well. Only complaint: Yami yogurt. I hate Yami yogurt. We didn't use the 24 hour pool. We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: We had the largest suite, Room 125, which had easy access to a side exit/entrance and wasn't far from the continental breakfast. This is a quiet area so no road noise to worry about.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Stacey R, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear Tary Poppins,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful reveiw of not only our hotel but the area. Other people looking for hotels in the area or just Tualatin in general will appreciate your open feedback as do we.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I can't say enough about this hotel! It's location is so nice, woodsy, feels like you are off the beaten path, although you are close to town. We loved that when you walk in you smell fresh baked cookies! The front desk staff gentleman, was very courteous and friendly. I loved that this hotel was quiet. Our room, as well as, the hotel felt very clean. The pool and hot tub were very clean. The breakfast was average, typical for a hotel breakfast. I would and will definitley stay here again when visiting the Portland area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family