Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tualatin
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed in this hotel October 3, 2012 for 1 night. The hotel is very convenient to shopping and to the freeways.
The room (312) was clean and the beds comfortable. There was a very large empty space in the right hand corner of the room as if a comfortable chair or couch should have been there. The quality of air in this room was very poor.
The breakfast setup was one of the best we've seen. There were many choices and the layout was such you didn't get in folks way.
The front desk was very helpful in giving directions and answering questions.
Except for the air quality this hotel would have gotten very good.

Room Tip: You may want to choose another room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was a wondrfulmotel. The Room was so quiet! We stayed in October. The price was OK, but the amenities made up for it. The room was spacious. The only detriment was the upstairs neighbor, but even his heavy fotsteps did not detract from a wonderful night's sleep. Really enjoyed the breakfast room attendant. She was cheery and on top of things!

Room Tip: Room 117 was great!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The staff here is top notch! I have stayed here several times and will continue to do so. The staff will go out of its way to help you out. Example: Breakfast starts at 6:00am. I was up and leaving for work and the person that was putting the breakfast together offered me the opportunity to grab a bit to eat it was 5:15am. Like I said the staff is outstanding. We have a pet with us and they have all been so friendly. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The 24 hr pool is great. The kids loved going down to the pool and swimming at night A++
Gilbert is amazing... This guy went way out of his way to take care of us upon checking in and followed up with us before the end of his shift to make sure everything was ok. ( I would love to have this kind of employee working for me.. again outstanding!!!) Gilbert is one of the reasons my family has come back to stay many times.. My kids couldn't wait for Gilbert to put out the cookies in the evening. Gilbert deserves 5 stars!! I can't say enough great things about Gilbert. He really impressed me and I travel a lot.
If you have the chance to stay in Tualatin I would strongly recommend this outstanding place.

Thanks for everything! (Gilbert & staff)
Byron J.

Room Tip: Outstanding service.. great location. Pet Friendly
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Stacey R, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Byron,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and our team here strives for 100% guest satisfaction. We are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will share your comments with Gilbert and all the staff.

Again thank you for your review,

Reviewed July 22, 2012

The Comfort Inn and....um....Suites in Tualatin is a dirty, dingy, tired hotel with paper thin walls. My wife and I stayed here largely based of these reviews and three words sum up our experience -- are you kidding? Top it off with a lame, spartin breakfast (a generous description) of horrible coffee and stale foodstuffs will keep us out of this hotel in the future. I would avoid the dirty pool at all costs. If the uncomfortable beds and paper thin walls dont keep you awake all night, the random fire alarm going off (four times) will.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Stacey R, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear MA Willie,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at our hotel. We do value and take our guest feedback very seriously as we strive for 100% guest satisfaction.

I do truly apologize for the inconvenience of the fire alarm during your stay. Unfortunately, this situation was beyond our control. The alarm was triggered by a pull station that someone pulled during the night. As soon as we discovered the broken pull station, we contacted the appropriate people to immediately repair it. I do understand your frustration caused by this occurrence and I can only assure you that we did everything in our power to limit the interruption to all of our guests.

I am sorry you felt as though the pool was dirty during your stay. The chemicals are checked by the staff every two hours to maintain county regulations on water quality and cleanliness standards.

Our breakfast features eggs, meat, yogurt and fresh fruit. We also offer biscuits and gravy, cereal and of course, pastries. Our breakfast also includes your choice of hot; make your own waffles featuring two flavor choices! I do apologize that you found our selection lacking.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stay in Portland once a year; this is our second visit to this hotel. Tualatin is a great location--close enough to Portland for ease. far enough to save on cost. We also like this area because it is less than a half hour to the Woodburn Company Stores outlet mall. Easy access to I-5 and I-205. Lots of restaurants in the area--from fast food to sit down. A Fred Meyer grocery store a block away. Since we reserved three in our party, they gave us their largest room which included a kitchenette. Even those only two of us actually stayed, they insisted we keep the room. LOTS of room and very comfortable beds. The continental breakfast was good and included sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and waffle machines. I was pleased to see hardboiled eggs and fresh fruit. Bread and cereal products, as well. Only complaint: Yami yogurt. I hate Yami yogurt. We didn't use the 24 hour pool. We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: We had the largest suite, Room 125, which had easy access to a side exit/entrance and wasn't far...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Stacey R, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear Tary Poppins,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful reveiw of not only our hotel but the area. Other people looking for hotels in the area or just Tualatin in general will appreciate your open feedback as do we.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I can't say enough about this hotel! It's location is so nice, woodsy, feels like you are off the beaten path, although you are close to town. We loved that when you walk in you smell fresh baked cookies! The front desk staff gentleman, was very courteous and friendly. I loved that this hotel was quiet. Our room, as well as, the hotel felt very clean. The pool and hot tub were very clean. The breakfast was average, typical for a hotel breakfast. I would and will definitley stay here again when visiting the Portland area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We had a short stay here, as we got in late, but it is a nice hotel. Nothing special at all. Decent breakfast. It is a pretty good location just south of town. About ten minutes from Lewis and Clark College. Bed was quite hard, I did not sleep well at all. Took my daughter down to get in the pool and would not let her in it. The color was just too murky and wierd. She had to wait until the next night of our trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
chowmein2012, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Dear travellots12_11,

Thank you for staying with us in Tualatin. We appreciate and value the insight into your recent stay. We recently updated our pool and spa area with a modern look with slated walls, refinished/stained deck and resurfacing of the pool and spa themselves. The color scheme inside the pool and spa, which is a sandy brown, was designed to flow with the slate and deck stain, giving it a modern/contemporary look that is meant to have a relaxing and calming effect while you enjoy your swim. We do have guests inquire about this at times and I wanted to reassure you our pool and spa facilities are definitely clean, well kept and balanced for your relaxation and enjoyment.

We would love to see you and your family come back and enjoy the facilities once again on your next time through town. Thank you again for staying with us!

Brandon Kraft
-General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tualatin
Century Hotel
Comfort Suites Southwest
Comfort Suites Southwest
#57 of 144 in Portland
Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South? Share your experiences!