“A nice surprise after a long day”

Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Troutdale
Seattle, Washington
“A nice surprise after a long day”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

And the end of a long day of driving through eastern Oregon, and through the Gorge, Comfort Inn in Troutdale was just what I needed. We had a king bed room bed was super comfy and I slept great. When I checked in they told me check out time was 1PM, Seriously 1PM!!!! That is the latest check out time I have ever seen at anywhere in the Choice family

Due to my choice rewards status, they provided free bottles of water (which were already chilled!!) and a choice of a goodie from their goodie basket, Very nice. Front desk staff was super friendly, energenic and very personable. She knows how to provide hospitality.

Hotel is close to the freeway, but I didnt hear much noise from the freeway, any major noise is from the neighboring airport, but wasn't an issue until the morning. Lots of shopping and food options nearby due to being near 2 major truckstops.

Breakfast was well stocked with many hot and cold options, and plenty of food available. Being it was still early spring the hotel was not super busy, but come summer months this place gets crazy busy. Needless to say I will be back when I am in the area again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KJ9000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hood River, Oregon
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I've stayed here frequently on business, and tonight I was on a personal trip, just returning home up the Gorge, when I was stranded by icy weather. The manager Loree was welcoming, warm, and so helpful. I've had a comfortable evening watching the Oscars in a quiet, very clean and comfortable room and am looking forward to their usual ample breakfast in it's a terrific small hotel all the same. Rates are economical, parking easy, wi-fi reception strong and free, and the refrig and microwave are always very helpful. In better weather the outdoor spa would be enjoyable. BTW, the Choice Privileges club is definitely worth signing up for and keeping current.

Room Tip: East side upstairs rooms have privacy even with curtains left open.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank tripper10234
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Snow and ice caused major traffic jam on 205 north so had to stay in Troutdale where I work. Luckily there was a room available.

1) Service upon arrival was pleasant and quick. Even had fresh baked chocolate chip cookies
2) Given upgrade without asking.
3) Room very clean, organized and well appointed
4) I get up very early and even though the continental breakfast did not start for 1.5 hours the GM, Loree, was at the desk and was very gracious to offer to create a "to go" lunch bag with an apple, banana, orange, bagel, cream cheese, yogurt and muffin. Wow!

I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful stay! Front desk super nice! Mindy I think was her name.. She was amazing and incredibly nice! Very helpful! I liked how they gave free soup and cookies! The rooms were really nice! Clean and beds were comfortable! I love the pillows and I don't sleep with pillows ever! The rooms smelled new and nice! Just wish it wasn't so much! I'd defiantly come back to this hotel if I was in the area! Oregon is such a beautiful place and has the nicest people I've ever met! I've been to just about every state! Oregon by far has the nicest service anywhere! Thank you Mindy for being so nice! You are awesome! :)

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Starburstkayla07
kansas city
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Just a very well run hotel. clean, well managed and staffed really shows!!! If you need a hotel in this area, right off I-84, book it. Could not find anything to be improved upon.
1-clean, clean
2-friendly and quality staff
3-nice quick breakfast area
3-easy parking and entry
4-great bedding and comfy bed
attention to details really show.
(fyi to front desk staff-the larch mnt. view top, road is closed in winter, so that little tour didnt work out for us!!)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Loree_Harrell, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you so much for making the time to write - I am most glad that you had a good stay with us. I will, however, be shaking my head for a couple more days about us sending you to Larch Mountain in January - we didn't mention that you'd have to hike in the last seven miles? : ) It is, however, a magnificent view - maybe next time you're out this direction on the opposite side of the year. Meanwhile, I hope you got a good block of time in the Gorge!

Always happy to see clean and friendly on the top of the list - we work very hard to make that true. I will pass along your appreciation to staff, and we looking forward to you coming out west again someday.

All the best of this new year to you,
Whidbey Island, Washington
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Top notch for clean, comfortable, and friendly staff. I stayed two nights while I was vacationing in the Columbia Gorge. The location (Troutdale) is far enough out of Portland to be away from the crowds, and close enough to enjoy all the parks and falls along the Gorge with short drive times. The Inn seems very new, modern, and I'll say it again - CLEAN & COMFORTABLE.
The room includes a full hot breakfast, pre-made & so-so, what you expect. The breakfast seating area is larger than most and was not crowded either morning. They also put out soup and warm cookies each day around 5pm, so if you aren't hungry enough to go out for dinner, you could make do.
I would definitely choose to stay again when returning to this area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Loree_Harrell, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
We’ll take a “top notch” any day, and a return visit with a smile : ).

I am most glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you making the time to write. We work very hard towards clean and comfortable, and doing a bit extra everywhere we can find a bit extra to do.

I hope you missed the worst of the recent deluges while you were here, and we look forward to having you back in the house soon – we have a four day menu rotation on the meat and eggs, so maybe you’ll hit bacon next trip (and if you didn’t have the raisin bread toast, it’s the best raisin bread ever), and we can upgrade that so-so on breakfast : ).

Thank you for staying with us and, again, for taking the time to review. Enjoy the fall color! (bettin’ Whidbey is beautiful about now).

All the best,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 20, 2013

VERY VERY CLEAN! Rooms have all been recently remodeled! Nice helpful staff! Bed was very comfortable! Breakfast area was crowded, but the hotel was also booked full. Nice place, would definitely staff here again. The clean rooms and bed are most important to us and this hotel has that.

Great place to stay if you are going to drive the Columbia Gorge scenic highway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank usroadrats
Clean is back-of-the-house job one, and nice helpful staff is front-of-the-house job one, so it’s always gratifying when we hit all the marks and it’s noticed, thank you.

The breakfast area does get crowded when we’re booked up – particularly in wedding season (September was a huge wedding month this year!) when extended families are meeting for breakfast together. Thank you for understanding that – most days of the year there is ample seating and a good flow through to get food.

Access to the Historic highway doesn’t get much better, does it? I hope you had a good amount of time to spend in the Gorge, it truly is a gift to live here and have that much beauty so close.

Hope your fall travels are filled with color and sunshine, and we do hope to see you again the next time you’re back this way.

All the best to you,
Loree
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutdale
Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Parkersville Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Portland East
Hampton Inn Portland East
#15 of 140 in Portland

Been to Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway? Share your experiences!