We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights as it was between Mt. Hood for skiing and downtown Portland for shopping. The website stated that pets were allowed, but when we arrived, and after checking in, there were signs on the doors "No pets allowed". We decided to be discreet as our dogs are very small, quiet and well behaved. We happened to notice other families with dogs as well.
The hotel was quiet, even though it was close to Interstate 84 and a small airport. Breakfast was the HIE routine - bananas tended to be on the green side and not much in the way of whole grain breads but enough to put a decent meal together.
We reserved a family king suite, which had a king bed, and two double beds, refrigerator, microwave and small counter area. It was very spacious and comfortable for our family of 4 and two dogs. The rate was $115 a night including the breakfast.
The hotel was clean and well located. There is a large outlet mall on the opposite side of the freeway, and a Safeway and Hollywood Video a short distance away. Free Wi-Fi access and a computer in the lobby for guests. Free local newspapers.
My only complaints: one of the bedsheets had a small cigarette hole in it and the hot tub was outside and closed for maintenance. It would only really be usable in the summer months.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway! Our hotel is located 10 miles east of Portland International Airport at the gateway to the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic area featuring majestic Multnomah Falls. Activities and wonders abound in this land of rugged cliffs, sweeping vistas and cascading waterfalls. Start your morning out right with our complimentary hot breakfast including meat and eggs, biscuits and gravy, fresh waffles, plus a great selection of breads, cereals, muffins, yogurt, juice, and fruit. Spend your day hiking the Gorge, enjoying great food and shopping in Troutdale and on the river, or just relax and enjoy the day with a stroll by the Sandy River. Spend your evening wine tasting at McMenamin's Edgefield, featuring three restaurants with an onsite distillery, winery and a brewery. All of our guest rooms include a microwave, refrigerator, coffee-maker, and iron and board. We are a pet friendly facility and will be happy to give you directions to the best places to take the pup for a romp. Our pet friendly rooms are maintained to the same high standards as our pet free rooms. To keep you connected we offer free wireless high-speed Internet access and a business center in the lobby. Looking forward to having you in the house soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Portland - East Hotel Troutdale
- Holiday Inn Express Troutdale
- Holiday Inn Troutdale
- Troutdale Holiday Inn