“Quiet hotel, great stay”

Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Troutdale
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here recently, early July, for 2 nights. Wanted to tour around Portland without paying Downtown hotel prices - good idea too. Was a quiet area, also with other shopping such as Target, Walmart and Outlet shopping nearby. Ask for the AAA rate too. Got a King size bed with a pull-out sofa for our 2 small children, Very large room, but tiny bathroom, they could have made the bathroom larger for sure! Had breakfast for free downstairs both mornings, cereal, fruit, yogurt, hot foods and waffles to make fresh too - decent, especially for free! Had to do laundry one night from our vacation so far and front desk gave me tons of quarters for change, very helpful to us the few times we needed them. I would stay again if I was in the area. We drove downtown and parked there to get on free Max Tram and went street shopping/Pioneer Place as well as to the Air Tram for free. Had a great time near that part of Oregon.

Room Tip: If you have small kids, go for the King Size room and sofa pull-out. Still a huge room with a King S...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Our hotel room had two queen beds and a pull out sofa bed, plus a small fridge and a desk. It also had the smallest bathroom we have ever seen! The bathroom door had to be closed to fit a person into it, which, when you're travelling with three children, is not realistic. It was near impossible to work with that bathroom. Plus, there was no exhaust fan, so one short shower steamed the room up for quite a while.
The free wi-fi in the room did not work well; it took forever to load anything so we just gave up. We were unable to plan our trip for the following day using the room's free wi-fi as hoped.
The beds were comfortable and the free breakfast was okay.
Overall, we weren't too impressed with this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here because going West it was only 15 minutes to downtown Portland, yet going east it was 10 minutes to the beginning of the Columbia River Gorge. It is a few blocks off of I-84, so easy on and off yet far enough away that you got none of the noise.

This was a Best Western Plus, so it was a little nicer inside than the standard BW. We stayed in a family suite that had 2 queen beds plus a living room with a couch, and a fridge and microwave. Overall it was well appointed, updated and very clean. They had an indoor pool that was a good size, heated and very clean as well.

We stayed here 3 nights and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Wasn't there long, late eve to the morning, but it wass nice as BW's usually are, breakfast was better than most. Friendly staff, clean, nice lobby, all good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I reserved two rooms one for my husband and I and the other for my mother father and wheelchair bound grandmother. We loved loved it. We arrived at our final destination and were impressed at the cleanliness and spacious rooms. I reserved a basic room with a king size bed and it felt huge. Looking at the hotel room legend it looked as though we got one of the smallest rooms in the hotel but you definitely couldn't tell. The hotel staff saw we were traveling together and put us next to one another on the same floor. Breakfast down stairs every morning was nice, we ate breakfast here for four days straight and in the evenings they even set out cookies and soup for their guests. The spa area consisted of a 3 to 5'ft pool with steps and railings, a jacuzzi, a sauna and four pool side tables with chairs. You could see the fitness area from the window too so it's great of you want a workout and still be able to see your kids in the pool. The only thing I wish could have been different was the fact that they don't accept pets. :( if we could have had our four legged friends with us it would have made the stay complete. Daily housekeeping was great! The doors make a loud bang if you don't catch them so get ready for the occasional bang. All and all great stay and great place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I'm an amateur photographer from Montreal, and I stayed in the BEST WESTERN PLUS Cascade Inn & Suites in Troutdale during my April/May 2012 trip to Oregon. I originally booked for one night, and ended up staying for six.

The room was large and very clean; with a fridge, a T.V. set and free WiFi. They offer a very good continental breakfast, from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., with eggs/omelettes (different every day), bagels, muffins, milk, cereals, juices, coffee, make-you-own waffles, fruits etc...

What really made me feel comfortable was the friendliness of the staff, who, in addition to their warm welcoming every day, gave me valuable information on where to go for a photo shoot and what to visit in the area. Special mention goes to Kim, Jessica, and Brian.

Will definitely stay there again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JoeMontreal_10
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed for three nights in May and it was an excellent choice. If I'm ever in the area again I'll make a point to stay here. The staff were nice and the hotel was clean. I had a basic king room and it was very large. The bed was actually comfortable too...major plus. The breakfast had lots of choices. I was happy to see several healthy options including oatmeal, cottage cheese, and yogurt.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutdale
Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway
#22 of 144 in Portland
Camas Hotel
Camas Hotel
#1 of 1 in Camas

Been to Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!