“Disgusting.”

Holiday Inn Express Portland East-Troutdale
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Troutdale
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Our nonsmoking room reeked of smoke, and the walls are most definitely NOT soundproof, as the defensive manager proclaimed in response to another review. I heard other hotel guests walking by, carts, plumbing, and vehicles of all kind outside. The sheets were of the worst quality I have ever felt. Itchy.

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank Neddley
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Portland East-Troutdale

Reviewed October 17, 2009

We checked in early, the carpet was dirty. I had asked what was in the front and the back of the hotel, was told in the back is a field so I got a room in the back. At 6 p.m. we heard a train whistle, we called the front desk and were told NOT to worry it wouldn't go by anymore for the night, that it only goes on certain dates and times. WRONG it went by again at 9 p.m. and during the night, and at 6:45 p.m. the next morning. We did NOT get a good nights sleep, and my husband had a doctor's appt. the next morning in Portland. I do NOT recommend this place, if you want to stay in Troutdale go the Best Western down at the next exit we checked that out the next morning and what a DIFFERENCE. it was very nice at the Best Western stay there. The staff at Comfort Inn wasn't very friendly either.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank elvalicia1
Reviewed May 5, 2009

Accused of smoking in the bathroom by front desk staff . It stunk when we arrived. Did not smoke in the room at any time but the front desk kid accused me of it. No ashes, butts, etc. They even looked in the garbage cans for evidence. This month I found out they billed me an extra $150. for cleaning the room. A total scam....I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank oregoncoastarcher
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Nice person at check in, but our room was not very nice, very loud A/C, and breakfast next morning was taken away by 9 am under our nose - be smart, find yourself another hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank Uliti
lwilson06, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland East-Troutdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2008

ac was fixed. We normally do not remove any breakfast items until all guest have left breakfast bar area even if it has closed. Sorry if this happened this is not the last impression i like our guest to leave with.

Reviewed August 15, 2007

Aside from the surly woman who took my reservation by phone, the people with whom I dealt were very pleasant and helpful. The room, however, was a different story. It's room 215, just to the right of the elevator, and has a terrific view of the motel's roof and air conditioning system. When I entered the room the heat, humidity, and the moldy staleness of the room were overwhelming, so I turned on the air conditioner to counteract that. Had I not been told this was the last available room, I would have been down at the desk in a flash.

Throughout my one-night stay the air conditioner did not cool things down or moderate the humidity one whit. There was toilet paper left in the toilet, the sink counter had water all over it, the coffee pot had water in it, the deadbolt didn't work, and the bed linen limply reflected the sogginess of the room, not to mention that the bed blanket was far more suited to an Arctic expedition than to summer heat conditions. Fortunately, I had an evening obligation that kept me out of the room part of the evening, thank goodness, and I checked out as early as humanly possible in the morning.

I detailed all the above on the "We Welcome Your Comments" card, which instructed one to mail or leave it at the front desk. I decided to mail it when I got home rather than leave it at the front desk where it might get intercepted. Surprise -- no mailing address is provided on the card, which is why I'm writing here.

All in all, this was the worst travel experience I can remember and definitely not worth the price of the room.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Rowsby_Woof

room is located off the elevator which is the smallest room we have. Due to hot summer weather, yes humidity was probably high. Comforters are new and we do not change bedding for summer vs winter.

Reviewed March 1, 2007

The room was reasonably clean for our 1 night stay. The front desk staff was very good on checkin and checkout. The problem was the noise. We were in room 102 and the main water pipe for the building must have been in one of the walls, because everytime someone in ANY room used the water we heard the sound of the water - all night. The other noise is the truck stop next door (actually on both sides). If you dont mind the sound of rumbling diesel engines all night ... you get the idea. We would choose a different place next time.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IP_Travelers

truck stops are adjacent to hotel. Hotel walls are sound proof and we get very little complaints regarding noise from trucks. we get more comments saying guest were surprised how quiet it is given that truck stops are adjacent. The w ater noise may have been coming from staff room that our sprinkler system is located in. Equipment does self-test twice daily but again not many people mention this as it runs for only few minutes. Thank you for your comments

Reviewed December 29, 2006

Nice hotel. Fair rates Indoor pool and breakfast great.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank mikemac3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutdale
Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#5 of 11 in Gresham
Best Western Plus Parkersville Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Portland East-Troutdale? Share your experiences!