“Great stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Portland East-Troutdale
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Troutdale
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Had a wonderful stay! Decided to stay in Troutdale for a visit to Multnomah Falls. The hotel was conveniently located and an easy drive. The front desk agent at check in, Kris was friendly and gave us tips where to eat.
The hotel has an indoor pool and jacuzzi which was really nice because it was raining when we got there.
Breakfast in the morning was great! We were traveling on a budget so a free meal of waffles, eggs, ham, and danishes was an awesome and welcome bonus!
Hotel was pet friendly, which is always at the top of our priority list.
The front desk agent in the morning, Domeneque, was extremely helpful and gave us a late check out so we could go visit the falls and not have to worry about the kitty being in the car.
We had a great stay and would definitely be back. Staff really made us feel like family.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We have been regular guests for ten years and have been reasonably satisfied. April 13 we checked in and were assigned a room that still had trash, was missing a coffee pot and was just not ready. We were asked to leave for a half an hour wwhich we did . When we got ready to leave we discovered that the toilet was not functioning. We reported it and we returned at 10:00 P.M. we were told we being assigned to a different room because the maintainance had been unable solve the problem and had gone home. When we got off the elevator we discovered that our new room was being renovated. I was now 10:30 and were assigned to a newly renovated room. The first thing we discovered was the lights between the beds didn't work. The next morning we found that the microwave didn't work. Eventually everything was corrected. After all that, on Sunday I spoke to the clerk and said that i thought that we deserved some sort of compensation. He took $ 15.00 off for that night and said that he would leave a note for his manager. When we checked out I told the clerk about what our problems were She checked with the manager and he said that he had taken $50.00 off of our bill. When we checked our bill we found that he had not done that. I called and asked to speak to him I was told that he was away and would not return until Monday. I left a detailed message asking him to call me back. It is now Wednesday and I have still not heard from him. Needles to say I question his competence and lack of interes in his guests satisfaction. After this experience we do not intend to return.

Room Tip: There is a Days Inn that would probably be a better place to stay.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael A
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We stayed here a couple weeks ago and had a great experience. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was clean and easy to find. We had stayed in many other Comfort Inns during our trip and this was by far the best value for what we got. Our room had everything we needed, and most importantly was clean and looked taken care of.

The breakfast had many options to choose from, cereals, eggs to yogurt and waffles. You name it they had it. The pool was also very nice and indoors.

Overall, was a great experience and would recommend to anyone in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Leslie M
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My shop towels back home are whiter and in better condition than those provided for this room. The bathroom tile is broken and the finish is worn off the toilet seat. The desk chair I'm sitting on is worn out causing me to almost tip over backward. The soft drink machine stole fifty cents for each $1.50 can of soda we bought. The elevator looks as though it has been vandalized. And the room number (212) is missing from outside this door. Not at all what we've come to expect from Comfort I & S. Also, stay away from the Shari's restaurant out front. We found a dog (not a service animal) in the booth next to our table.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank D L
Reviewed September 24, 2011

This hotel was conveniently located with close access to the Gorge and tourist attactions. The manager was highly professional and runs a tight ship. As other review the front desk assisted in providing suggestions on local attactions and restaurants. We were recommended a restaurant called Chicken and Tabs, don't miss it but be careful how you order the dishes are hugh. The room was spotless, the breakfast was adequate and well presented. We were on the road on this trip for nearly three weeks and stayed in a number of Comfort Inns and this was certainly the best. We originally booked in for two nights but stayed three. I would highly recommened this Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank SJCSydney
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The hotel is conveniently located right off the interstate, very near Mt. Hood Community College. Room was large and spacious. Short walk to reasonable diner food.

The front desk personnel were very nice and friendly. Check in was great and every time I entered I received a smile.

The wireless was spotty. The first night I could not connect and when I asked about it the next day I was advised they don't have enough bandwidth for all the devices connected all the time. I suppose this is reasonable as the service is free.

My real issue with the hotel is cleanliness. The hallways and room are well worn and terribly in need of refinishing, carpet either worn or dirty. The bathroom floor was missing tile along the edge and just looked ugly. When I showered I realized why the tile was missing; the curtain didn't cover the entire shower so water poured out onto the floor. I had to use one of the generous two bath towels to absorb the water. The bath towels were tiny and seemed more like oversize hand towels. Showering the second morning I happened to look up into the shower head and saw all the open areas filled with red mold and made a quick exit.

Overall the rate was good, the staff was good, and the location good; I just can't get past the poor condition and cleanliness issue.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
11  Thank Swim54low
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I have stayed in Comfort Inns before so I feel I normally know what to expect, this one far exceeded what I had known of Comfort Inn motels, the room was very nice! I was surprised at how quiet the rooms kept, especially because there was some construction going on around the motel, but you would never know it with the window shut and the air on. The beds were comfortable and the service was great, I especially enjoyed the fresh made cookies at the front desk at check in : )

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank MrKdub
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutdale
Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway
3 mi away
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#5 of 11 in Gresham

Been to Holiday Inn Express Portland East-Troutdale? Share your experiences!