“A Great Place For Outdoor Dining”

The Rogue River Lodge Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nestled on two acres along the banks of the Rogue River, the Rogue River Lodge is one of the earliest known lodge built in the Upper Rogue Valley that is still in existence today.Reopened on August 18, 2010, our beautifully redecorated facility features two lounges, a spacious deck with gorgeous view of the river, private dining room for intimate gatherings and our newly renovated cabin. One visit and it’s easy to see why this new “historic” lodge is the perfect place to enjoy both an exceptional meal and casual dining experience. Enjoy cocktails on the deck, catch up with friends at the Riverview Room Bar or enjoy lunch, brunch or one of our delicious signature dishes, sizzling steaks or tantalizing desserts. Nightly accomodations available in one newly refurbished cabin, lovingly restored to mid 1930's era.
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is a great place to eat if you want great outdoor setting, river view and delicious food.The patio has tables and umbrellas on the bank of the Rogue River. We had the Sunday brunch, which had salad options and a few other non-breakfast items as well as breakfast dishes. I recommend!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Hard to beat the location by the river and food is very good and servings are more than generous. Service on the slow side because of the distance from the kitchen but they do an admirable job keeping up.

Disappointed that American Express has been dropped from their list of acceptable credit cards. Their policies are already very restrictive on cabin rental with only (some) credit cards and cash acceptable but now AmEx not among them. Probably won't be renting the cabin this winter as we had planned.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I had lunch today on the patio with 11 other ladies. We had a great view of the Rogue River. There were plenty of patio umbrellas to offer shade from the sun. The server Blakely was wonderful, got all the orders correct and even did separate checks for us. The servers have a ways to walk with the trays but food was hot and cooked perfectly. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I remember eating at the RRL for a special occasion back in 1982...since then, it had been vacant for a long while, I believe, then was reopened but didn't make it. This is another new owner. Our friends tried it in June and raved about the food, bread pudding, and outdoor seating on the river-it sounded like a perfect place to celebrate my husband's July birthday. The date was a Thursday, so we thought that would avoid a crowded restaurant.
I called a week ahead of time and made the reservation for a table by the river for us and our friends-I jokingly told her "it's his birthday, so we want your finest table!"-the next day there was a voicemail from the woman, stating she had taken down all of our information, but forgot the date. I called back and gave the date information to a different person who answered the phone-she stated "I'll give her the information as she handles all of our reservations."
The day of the birthday was really hot, so when we arrived at the restaurant, instead of checking in at the front, we first walked down to the patio area by the river where we were to be seated to make sure it wasn't going to be too hot there. It was beautiful and nicely shaded, so we knew it would be great. There was a young girl setting up a table right by the river, so I told her that it must be our table & asked if we could just check in with her instead of walking back up to the restaurant. She asked our name and lo and behold, there was NO reservation for us. It had gotten totally lost...And that precious girl must have seen the shock and dismay on my face (I'm being overly dramatic here :) ) and without skipping a beat she said "don't worry! You can have THIS table!" And seated us at that special place. She ended up also being our server and overall gave us the best customer service we've had in a long while.
The food was good and the prices were reasonable. I am a bread pudding fan and theirs didn't live up to my friend's ranting-to me it tasted like a cinnamon roll with pudding on it. But I had a nice chicken pot pie and my husband got a chicken dish he really liked. Because our server knew it was his birthday, she brought him a complimentary chocolate mousse. The outdoor servers there run their tails off because the outside area is separated from the main building & kitchen by a pretty decent hike. But all of the ones we had contact with were very pleasant and positive. Our server's attitude really saved us from having a birthday bust-if she hadn't saved the day, my Tripadvisor rating would have been a zero-but instead the only service point I could take off for was that lost reservation...if that original person "handles all the reservations" and didn't get the message I left with her co-worker, why didn't she call me back once more? Yes, those young servers gave my hubby a very Happy Birthday!

1  Thank GusTravel
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and I and another couple ate dinner here last Sunday night. Our dinners were good but service was slow considering there was only one other couple inside the restaurant. After they left, we had the restaurant to ourselves until another couple arrived around 8 PM. About six hours after we ate dinner, my husband upchucked his dinner. He called the restaurant the next day to let them know. The owner said that because no one else reported getting sick it must not have been the food. A poor excuse and doesn't change the probability that some part of my husband's meal was not kept at a proper temperature to keep the food safe. The owner should have apologized and refunded the cost of my husband's dinner. We won't be returning and we're sharing this experience with all friends who live in the area so they don't experience the same problem or the poor way it was handled.

RogueRiverLodge, Owner at The Rogue River Lodge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

We take all aspects of food handling and preparation quite seriously here, and when I received the call from our guest about his situation I immediately contacted our chef so that we could research in-depth a potential cause that could have attributed to his distress. The guest was very helpful in conveying what was consumed and the circumstances around their unfortunate illness, to which I sincerely felt compassion for him.
We identified the specific source of his meal from our kitchen and I personally consumed the same food without incident. In thorough review of our food handling, preparation, and procedures all indicated that everything was done correctly. We received no other complaints in the days that followed nor any that had been reported from the Health Department.
I called back to the guest on two occasions so that I could discuss this matter personally, and during that conversation conveyed all that is documented in this email response.
For the record, our most recent Health Department Inspection score was 100%. Not an easy feat for a complex kitchen operation.
I am very sorry that your dining experience did not meet your expectations, and apologize that the actions we took to identify the possible source of the problem if it originated from here did not meet to your satisfaction.

Lee Kimball