“Great BBQ”
Review of Stu Miller's Pig Feathers BBQ - CLOSED

Stu Miller's Pig Feathers BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I've been to Pig Feathers three times so far and every time was delicious. I like the regular burger with the Slather BBQ sauce ordered as a side. The half rack of ribs was good, the chicken sandwich was okay if you're not up for a burger. I highly recommend the root beer float - fantastically rich. Can't recommend the potatoe salad but will try the baked beans and other sides next time I go. Haven't tried the Prime Rib yet but I saw it come out of the BBQ oven after I'd eaten, it looked great.

Is it worth the drive out from Newport? Absolutely, we're further up Hwy 101 and will happily make the drive again, and again.

I saw the other reviews about the fries, true enough. They are typical of real potatoe fries that haven't been commercially processed. The place was clean and I like the down-home friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We went to Toledo on our way to Newport because it was National Train Day and they have an old steam engine called One Spot. We wanted to have lunch at Pig Feathers because it has been named Best BBQ Restaurant in the Northwest and Stu Miller is a former Oregon State grand champion. On top of that they serve beer by Twisted Snout Brewery. Really good beer, get a sampler though they are not as good a deal as the pounders.
The restaurant seemed rather run down though the bar area was newer. There were quite a few events going on that Saturday...Quilt Show, Medieval Festival and the event at the train depot. The restaurant did not plan for extra staff for the extra business they would be having. Only two waitresses and it seemed only one cook. They did a very good job keeping up though.
We ordered pulled pork with sauce on the side (most places put way too much on). It was delicious. Very light smokeyness, moist and tender without being greasy or wet. It reminded me of kahlua pork. We also ordered a rack of ribs. Oh my they were good. Lots of good flavor and bite. We don't like spicy bbq sauce so we got the ribs with the smokey sweet...yumm. Our sides were macaroni salad, potato salad and baked beans. I really liked the beans a lot. nice and peppery. The two salads were a bit blah, nothing special.
The place sounds like fun for dinner and in the lounge. We'll have to come back and try that some time.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

A great BBQ place at the bottom of Main Street, Toledo, OR. The atmosphere is pretty plain, chrome and Formica café, but the BBQ is probably the best ever. The location is on the waterfront in Toledo. No problem parking. The pulled pork sandwich was very big. Prices are appropriate. The attached pub can add to your fun. We expect to visit Toledo again to visit the rail road museum and the quilt shop.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Absolutely terrible BBQ- had the "half rack " of baby backs- received a tiny end piece of the rack, and it was tough, tough, tough, black and so very dry and practically meatless- this must have been a piece they scraped off of the floor. I was insulted as a human being and a chef of 21 years to be expected to eat this. So disappointed. Wings were so-so. No pulled pork- they were all out at 5:30 PM. Have a feeling they just feed scraps after they start running out of food. Baked beans were best part of meal. Beware of this place- think you need to catch them on a very, very good day.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

It is hit and miss here. Sometimes the food is fresh and tasty, other times it is leftovers. The place needs a good scrubbing though, last time I went in, I went right back out, the floor was gross!

1  Thank Jeralyn M