Timberline Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Collins Lake Resort(Government Camp)
View Hotel
Best Western Mt. Hood Inn(Government Camp)
View Hotel
Cooper Spur Mountain Resort(Parkdale)
View Hotel
Columbia Gorge Inn(Cascade Locks)
Cascade Motel(Cascade Locks)
1,097 results
All reviewsblue oxthe main dining roomrooms are smallmount hoodqueen roombreakfast buffetski lifthistoric hotelhot chocolateworth the tripwalls are thinchair liftgreat depressionpublic areasmagic mileyear roundping pong
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 27, 2010

On a two week trip from Boulder, CO to Portland OR and back, our room at the Timberline Lodge was both the most expensive and the worst that we stayed in. It was a twin bed room with little other furniture. Because the beds had very high mattresses, there was absolutely nowhere comfortable to sit in the room. No chair at all. No reading light for one of the beds. The window blind was broken. The bathroom sink was cracked all the way across and had no stopper for the drain. The shower was tiny and the hotel did not provide plastic shower caps. They did provide earplugs which may be needed because a lot of sound was transmitted through the ceiling from the room above.
The public areas of the lodge are magnificent, built with huge timbers, but I would recommend you see them by eating a meal in the dining room or the bar that serves lighter fare.
The wireless internet would not work for me because the signal was too weak even in the areas said to be best.
There are probably better spaces to stay in nearby Hood River, along the Columbia River.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Cognitive_Scientist
Reviewed August 20, 2010

We left the heat of the city for one night and headed to the mountain. When I made reservations at Timberline Lodge I thought it would be fun place to stay since I had not been there in about 8 years. We were amazed by the view. The sky so clear you could see Timothy Lake!
Being that it is called a lodge I was pleasantly surprised by the additional touches they take to make your stay comfortable. Our room was simple; it had a queen size beed and a twin bed. The down topped beds were amazing! My daughter and I both slept 10 hours! I know part of that could have been the elevation but I also think it was the bed. The towels were very plush; they had better towels than I have had at some upscale hotels. I loved the original fixtures in the room, the old fashion door knobs, the fan, bed frames, windows and tile work. That was just my room! The rest of the lodge was just an amazing.
The staff was all friendly and ready to help but you are also left to yourself to explore the lodge without feeling you are out of place or disturbing them. There are hiking trails all around the lodge that are easy to find. We did the Mile High Chair lift ride up the mountain I think it was 15.00 adult and 8.00 child. It was well worth the price. The views from the chair were priceless (once I opened my eyes  )
I will be sure to plan another trip up to the mountain real soon for more than just one night next time, I can’t wait.
I included a picture if the ground outside our window. I think my daughter took about 100 pictures of the chipmunks- I think that is what she liked best.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 15, 2010

This historic lodge sits in a spectacular and unique location on the side of Mount Hood - that's what you are paying for. At $235 a night, the hotel has few of the amenities that you would expect for that price. While the hotel is clean and reasonably well-run, our room was very small and the walls paper-thin (we had an adjoining doorway with another room). There is no refrigerator or microwave, and even the ice machines are few and far between. While the evening temperatures in late July were delightfully cool, the daytime highs were sufficient for insects. The only "air conditioning" that our room had was to leave the single window open. I noticed that some rooms had an expandable screen, so asked the front desk if we could have one. As none appeared during the course of the day, I queried a woman who appeared to be a senior housekeeper. She acknowledged that she had received the request, but so far had been able to find a screen that fit our window. We never did get one. The bed was very comfortable, and we did not experience any undue noise that disturbed our sleep. The bathroom was tiny, and had only one small shelf. The towels were the nicest that I had ever used - large, soft and very absorbent.

We felt like sticking around the hotel for our whole two-day stay, so ate all of our meals there. All of the dining options are priced accordingly with the exclusive location of the resort (i.e. high). Please see my separate reviews of the Cascade Room and the Rams Head Bar.

So, the bottom line. The hotel is in a spectacular location and is rich in history, but falls short as an overnight destination.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We picked up a brochure at the visitors center and in there it stated the lodge was rustic but modern. The lodge is indeed rustic, but not modernized. The room was tiny, dusty, with old carpeting from the 70's. The air conditioner ran all night no matter how we adjusted the thermostat. During the night you could hear people walking up and down the hallway. It was suggested at check-in to eat at the 4-star Cascade restaurant for dinner. We did, but it is not a 4 star dining experience...more like a three star wanna be. The meal was started with an amuse-bouche; a slice of cucumber with ground chicken on top with a teaspoon of some jelly. EEK...went downhill from there. Best thing was the view, wine, and the staff at the restaurant and lodge.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dfbogart
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Timberline Lodge is the perfect place to get away and escape from it all - in either summer or winter. During the winter, when we were there, the snow was great for skiing, the warm soup and drinks were perfect, and being able to ski right from the lodge meant a perfect winter get away. Gorgeous views and good ski conditions await those who make the trek up the mountain. If you can go during off-peak times you'll have the mountain to yourself and less waiting at the bar/restaurants. The lodge's fireplaces and woodwork remind one of what is possible with determination, good tools, and good wood with which to work. On the downside, the ski rentals were basic and more advanced skiers will want to bring their own. The wireless in the lodge was spotty and not reliable if you have to get some work done on your trip.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple