Timberline Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Collins Lake Resort(Government Camp)
View Hotel
Best Western Mt. Hood Inn(Government Camp)
View Hotel
Cooper Spur Mountain Resort(Parkdale)
View Hotel
Columbia Gorge Inn(Cascade Locks)
Cascade Motel(Cascade Locks)
1,097 results
All reviewsblue oxthe main dining roomrooms are smallmount hoodqueen roombreakfast buffetski lifthistoric hotelhot chocolateworth the tripwalls are thinchair liftgreat depressionpublic areasmagic mileyear roundping pong
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2013

When we drove into the parking lot, we smiled. The views of Mt. Jefferson and Mt. Hood were crystal clear. Also, the snow covered half of the first story windows - which were one story up from the parking lot! Once inside, we agreed that the lodge itself is absolutely incredible! The craftmanship and attention to detail kept us oohing and aahing the entire time we were there. The fireplace is MASSIVE! When we went to our room, we had a good laugh: Our "welcome packet" inclded earplugs! What can you expect of a lodge with walls that were built in the 1930's? (We didn't need to use the earplugs though.) Our queen room was small, but comfortable - and decorated with replicas of the original artwork, drapes, etc. The bed that we slept on had a thick featherbed and luxurious bedding. Curling up with a book, seated in front of one of the lodge's main fireplace openings was a perfect way to end the evening. We had dinner in the main dining room. The meal was both delicious and expensive (as we had expected). The staff and the service we received throughout our stay was excellent. Will we go back? Most definitely! Staying at Timberline is more than staying at a ski resort or even a good hotel. It's a chance to experience a small part of history!

Room Tip: Ask for a queen room or a fireplace room. Also, if you want a private bath, ask for that since some of the rooms share a common bathroom. Our room faced Mt. Jefferson and the valley. BIt was a beautiful view. Honestly, Timberline is a true "lodge." Rooms aren't realy designed for guests to hang out in - they're for sleeping. Take advantage of the grandeur of the Lodge's main room and spend your time sitting by the fireplace there. There's plenty of space (and alcoves) for both comfort and privacy!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed at chalet room and a community bathroom is not a good experience. We stayed two nights and the bathroom was cleaned just one time, the towels were on the floor, and toilet was filthy. The day we arrived everything was closed at 4 pm, so we had to go to Ski Bowl. In the morning we had an expensive breakfast baffet, the food was not as great eather. The skiing though was amazing and we definitely going to come back again, just going to stay in some other hotel, and bring some snacks.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was making a 12 day tour of western Oregon, which meant I didn't have very long in any one place, but after going through Timberline's website I decided to stay in the historic hotel. First mistake, if you're only there one night, you don't have time to enjoy all the hotel has to offer. Most of it closed before I arrived and stayed that way until after I left.

Second mistake, the twin rooms are not big enough for two adults. I thought that since it was only one night, the room was not all that important. My husband and I are tall, but not large. We were very cramped in the room. We don't mind sleeping in twin beds from time to time, but I swear, the room was so small that we were as close together when we we slept on the twins as we are in our king bed at home.

We arrived in the late afternoon and found the old lodge to be dreary and a little menacing. Then we had to tote our luggage. The elevators are on a different level than the rooms. So we clunked luggage up the outdoor stairs, down the stairs to the elevator, upstairs to cross the central atrium, down stairs to get to the hall with the room and then down a few more stairs once we were inside the hall. Yes, I over-pack, but I've never toted luggage up and down so many stairs.

Then I was dying for a shower after an afternoon at White River Falls. I had a hard time fitting all of me into the shower at the same time. I'm 5'8" a hundred fiftish. I should fit in the shower. The sink was minuscule. Everything was minuscule. Even sitting on the toilet without claustrophobia is a challenge.

Then we went to dinner at the only place that was open, the Ramshead Bar. Now the view was spectacular. The sun was setting behind the three sisters in rose and periwinkle. The food selection was limited, but the worst thing was the waitress. She was having some life crisis that involved running to the kitchen and sobbing for half hours at a time. On one level I was very sympathetic with her, but on another, I just wanted to have my meal.

The next morning my only choice for food was a very expensive buffet, which looked amazing, but required leisure, which I didn't have, because I was on my way to Crater Lake. I couldn't use the work out room or the pool and the gift shop was closed.

We packed up the car and left. I think if I'd have stayed for several days, I'd probably have a completely different attitude towards the place, but my overnight visit was unpleasant.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a twin room unless you are under twelve
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jane S
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The excitement and anticipation grew as we wound our way up Mt Hood toward Timberline Lodge. We arrived too early to checkin, yet the friendly Receptionists invited us to store out luggage in the Bellhop Closet until our room was ready. We quickly changed into our ski gear and headed to the Day Lodge to get lift tickets, rent skis, and head out to enjoy the freshly falling powder. As this was midweek, lines were minimal and we felt like we had the slopes to ourselves. Without exception, the staff at the lodges and the lift operators made us feel welcome and special.

We took a break and decided to try the lunch buffet, which is an amazingly good value for $12.50 ($5 discount with lift ticket). The tri-tip steak was cooked to perfection, the array of salads and desserts were delicious, and my nephew enjoyed the freshly made waffles.

After skiing until the lifts closed at 4pm, we headed back to the Lodge to check in, which was slow going given the line. The Lodge provides luggage carts and locked ski lockers (near tge entrance) yet no bellhops. As recommended and as part of our online special package, we made dinner reservations for later that night.

We requested and got a Mt Hood view room with queen+twin beds. The room was cozy, yet had with ample room for us to unpack and be comfortable. The room was cool in temperature, so my sister was happy to discover the portable heater. If available, I'd recommend the fireplace rooms or those that have 2 windows.

The hot tub (and heated pool) felt wonderful, yet it would be nice if the used towels were gathered up by the staff or there was better signage to encourage guests to be more thoughtful of there fellow guests and not leave towels thrown about. The Lodge accommodations range from bunk rooms to deluxe suites so be prepared for a similar range in spirited behavior and fun. We enjoyed playing ping pong and shuffleboard in the game area. The dinner and service were excellent; I especially recommend the chef's steak special.

While it was my first time staying over at Timberline, I relished being able to share all the history, artistic and architectural details of the Lodge with my sister and 14 year old nephew who were visiting for the first time. I knew it was a success when he turned to me and said, let's make this an annual tradition.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank activechica
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Walking into the place my adult son had given guided historical tours of, compares to walking into history (and a slice of Heaven) itself. The Timberline Lodge was beyond expectation including previously viewed photos. And the Lodge outshined many a magnificent hotel, etc, of countries in Europe. Upon entering thru huge doors and standing at the base of the centered chimney, I looked up towards the different floors, complete with private sitting areas and cozy lounges. A very open feeling yet, privacy when wanted, all the while gazing at the spectacular, ever changing scene of Mt. hood. The windows seemed endless and the bedrooms crisp, efficent and beautiful. It was remeniscent of a European setting; where everything had purpose, and no wasted space, ie.,very quiet, great beds and bathroom.And I would go back just for the food alone! Exquisite brunch style with yet again a European flare; anything you would want was there and 5 star dining. And outstandin , ect in afternoon. I cannot wait to revisit my favorite stateside Hotel.

Room Tip: South side rooms were very quiet and private
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family