“We refer to it as "Motel Hell"”
Review of Mar Clair Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tillamook
Mar Clair Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I am amazed to see that others had a good experience there. There was not even an alarm clock in the room. I asked that my information not be given out, yet they did anyway. It was a horrible experience and I would sleep in a gutter before I would go back there. Gutters are free and probably safer.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Freedom_One_11

Reviewed September 10, 2011

I paid 84.00 for the night and the room had a tilt to it. My neighbor could not believe it till he walked in and asked if I was going to stay... all the hotels were full so had no choice. Trip advisor needs to change the rates.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank tigersboo
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed there for one night on our way down the coast. They seem to be the cheapest in town as we stop a most of the motel on highway 1. We paid $75.

Rooms are ok if you are not a princess. Very basic, walls are very thin and could hear people next door (good thing they were not too loud).

Guy at the front desk was very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank cham_fre
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I was going to camp but decided to stay here instead and I was really happy I did. The Mar Clair is nice, clean, comfortable, and quiet. The people were nice and the night desk guy gave me a great recommendation for Lin's chinese down the road. The room was spotlessly clean, included wireless internet that was fast enough for netflix, and all the supplies in the room more than adequate. I was totally happy to be there and completely satisfied with every aspect of the experience of staying there. I will be staying there again next time I'm staying in Tillamook.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank drewloid
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We paid 55 w/ tax for a double (was 45 for single), very clean. The location was great, next door to bars, resturants, etc. I read reviews first & they said there was no breakfast, and bare minimum in rooms. They must have changed cuz there was a microwave, fridge, free wifi, cable, there was breakfast but it was small (fruit cups, packaged cinnamon rolls, & coffee: the coffee was horrible), but was nice that we were able to get free breakfast. The room was very clean, however my one complaint out of hotel stay was the sound level! I could hear ppl walking in room above us, the truck outside sat for 15min to warm up, another car had a horn alarm so when u hit lock on ur keychain the horn honked, I couldn't hear ppl next to us and both sides were occupied, but in middle of night heard upstairs neighbor having sex. My suggestion is get an upstairs room & u wouldn't hear vehicles and ppl above u. They had 2 bars of soap and a shampoo/conditioner mix. My other complaint is pillows. Only 2 on bed and were twin size for the queen bed. We could've changed this though by going to front desk and asking for more, but we were lazy. The front desk was very helpful and nice. The rooms were spacious and comfortable... oh and bathroom had no fan which was strang but had a small window.

I would def stay again, its great for the price.

• Stayed: February 2011
5  Thank annaswiger
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Very bare bones and not well taken care of. Paid $80 for a night. Both my husband and I were scalded in the shower (no bathtub). No alarm clock, and only one soap for the bathroom (no shampoo, etc). Paid $5 less at a place in Astoria which included a microwave, fridge, bathtub, alarm clock, fan, soap and shampoo.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thechort
Reviewed June 24, 2009

Chose this motel randomly after camping for 2 days. Very clean, hot water, great internet, and the gentleman at the front desk was very nice and accommodating. For 60 bucks, what more could you ask for? Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jomama7366
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillamook
The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
#2 of 4 in Pacific City
Econo Lodge Garibaldi
Econo Lodge Garibaldi
#3 of 3 in Garibaldi

Been to Mar Clair Motel? Share your experiences!