“Worst food. Ever!”

Alice's Country House
Ranked #12 of 52 Restaurants in Tillamook
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Beaverton, Oregon
“Worst food. Ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Because we had seen that others had given this place 4 stars, we were excited to have breakfast here on our way to the coast. We were the only ones in there so the service was decent, but once the food came we were mortified. We ordered chicken fried steak, and the steak was not fried at all, but instead was drowned in what looked and tasted like old oil and was grizzly and inedible. The hash browns were buried under two runny eggs so they were not crispy at all, and barely looked like they'd even been cooked. Then we saw the cook - he was wearing very dirty jeans, a dirty t-shirt, and we'd seen him smoking outside before coming in to "cook" our breakfast. Neither of us saw him wash his hands either. When the waitress asked if everything was alright, we told her the truth - that it was not good and not edible. She asked what was wrong and we asked if the steak was fried and she said no, they don't do it that way. We mentioned it would have been good to know that before ordering it, and then pointed out that the hash browns weren't done well either. Even though nothing was to our liking, she charged us for it anyway..talk about poor business etiquette. Please do not waste your time or money at this place! We will never EVER go there again.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank kao210

Eureka, California
“Interesting Country Cooking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

On our way home from Portland we stopped at Alice's 8 miles outside of Tillamook to have a late lunch. I was hoping for a "country" breakfast but alas we were a few minutes too late so we settled for lunch. They offer a good selection of hamburgers and sandwiches server w/ the usual choice or fries, cole slaw, green salad or onion rings. I had a burger called Scheklyville...or something like that which came w/ 1/3 pound patty, ham, peppered bacon and a fried egg and served w/ homemade fries. I'm not use to eating eggs on my burgers but felt adventurous and it was OK. The patty, bacon and ham were excellent and if I pass that way again I will leave the egg off. The fries were killer although I would have liked them hotter. We sat out on their deck and the service was good considering how busy they were. I'd eat there again.

2 Thank Randyfish
Rockaway Beach, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food but bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Well we're to start my family went for a late dinner we walk in the door and were sat at a table and the hole time not a single word came out of the servers mouth the I think it was close to closing time but the food was good it was messy but good bill was 34 dollers so not bad for 2 adalts and 2 kid for dinner

Pacific Northwest
“Even the picky kids were satisfied”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family stopped here for breakfast and plan on making this place a regular breakfast stop. The staff was wonderful and clearly wanted us all to enjoy our food. My youngest and pickiest child requested chocolate chip pancakes, something which was not on the menu. The cook was more than happy to accommodate her request and even went as far to make the pancake in the shape of Mickey Mouse complete with chocolate chip eyes, nose, and smile. She was delighted and enthusiastically ate every morsel. My two teenage boys are bacon experts and claimed that this was the best bacon they have ever had in their entire lives. The service was top notch: coffee cups refilled promptly, food delivered hot and prepared exactly as we ordered it. If you're looking for fancy restaurant food keep on driving. The food here is homestyle and reminds me of the kind of breakfast my grandma would make when we would visit. In a word: delicious and well worth the 7 mile trip out the Wilson River Highway.

“Excellent breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went to Alice's Sunday, August11 for breakfast, and are definitely looking forward to returning. They were slammed - county fair weekend in Tillamook - but we were in no hurry and had no problems at all. We were sitting overlooking the kitchen, and I really appreciated that the staff's #1 priority was getting food out to the tables once it was up. I had eggs and the Oktoberfest sausage, and my spousal unit had the corned beef hash. Both were excellent - no leftovers.
If you are on a tight schedule, choose a time when they are less likely to be busy - well worth the scheduling. otherwise, go at will and enjoy the logging ambience and the excellent service + food.