“loved the bed, got great sleep”

The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
Astoria, Oregon
“loved the bed, got great sleep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

I was not planning on staying in town, just a quick trip. We got stuck there and since there are only a few hotels in town I thought this looked good. I stopped at the Shilo across the street then thought I'd see what else there was. When I asked about the price it was about the same as the other hotel. Staff was very friendly. They had cookies waiting in the lobby when I checked in. The room had a lot of space and the bed was GREAT. I asked the girl at the desk the next day and she said they put memory foam on the beds. I slept so great. Didn't use the pool or have breakfast. It was worth what I paid.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2010

This is a great hotel to stay for one night if you are not looking for ambiance or scenery from your window.
Pros: It is clean, quiet, and comfortable--recently updated with very comfortable beds. Price was right.
Cons: The local, on the outskirts of Tillamook, is inland from the ocean, so there are no ocean views or quaint downtowns to walk to. That great Tillamook cheese? You can smell the cows it is made from outside (if you open your window--inside smelled nice).
Overall--great place to spend the night if you need a place in TIllamook. If you are looking for a romantic getaway, keep driving up or down the coast and you will find plenty of smaller hotels that will fit that need.
FYI--recently dropped Best Western affiliation.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Bend, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

I called at 8:30pm on Monday 10-4-10 and was quoted a price of $70. When I checked in 30 minutes later I was charged $80.78 for the room. I did not check the bill til I got home. I called the hotel but the manager refused to adjust the bill saying that the $70 rate was for government workers only. My argument was I was quoted $70, so I should be charged only $70 regardless of my employment. Your employee made a mistake, and now I'm paying extra. The manager was very unprofessional which was surprising as you would think that they may want repeat business. I guess not.
As the owner of a tour bus company, I will continue to look for the best accommodations and service that I can find for my guests. The Ashley Inn / Best Western will not be on my list for 2011.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Hebron, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

Stayed in Room 310. Nice and clean. Bathroom is all-in-one...we prefer a separate shower. No exhaust fan. They don't give out shampoo and soap; you have to ask for it. Breakfast was a little skimpier than other Best Westerns, but still adequate. They don't have free newspapers. Public area and breakfast room are very nice. Next door to Fred Meyer so if you forget anything, it's a short walk across the street. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TullyToo
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

It was okay. My husband and I both wondered what was going on with the way the shower head was mounted so high up. Maybe they were expecting a giraffe to shower in there. We stayed here on August 12th and we're still waiting for the coupon from their stay twice and get a free night promo.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Lake Oswego, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

Once a upon a time my relatives from Louisiana decided they wanted to take a trip to Oregon. So then my parents thought that it would be fun if we show them the coast and stay a night. So the next day we loaded up the car and we headed down to the coast. After a fun day at the coast we decided to see if any rooms were available for the night. We finally got a hold of the Best Western hotel nearby in Tillamook and we got ourselves to rooms for the night. The Best Western was so nice to give us a room on the first floor because we had our pet dog with us and pets are only allowed on the first floor. The Lady at the front desk was so helpful. She gave us our room and she showed us a nearby Resteraunt on a map so we could get some dinner. The Rooms were just lovely, the beds were comfortable and I thought it was really clean.

So I would just like to say. Thank you so much for the lovely time we had and my relatives enjoyed themselves and my parents and sibling did to!

Thank You!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

The worst Best Western I've stayed at. TV was very old, old carpet (dirty), dirty windows.
At checkout they said everything is fine and then they charged me for the room (which was already paid for in advance). When I called they just said it didn't show in their system that I've paid. They had a computer in the lobby but it was terribly slow connection.
The Shilo Inn across the street is way much better and for less price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Eugen D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillamook
Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook
#1 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel
Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel
#3 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to The Ashley Inn of Tillamook? Share your experiences!