“Fine, solid Oregon coast lodging”

The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The Ashley is a good choice if you're looking for a decent,mid-range Oregon Coast hotel experience. The prices aren't bad, especially if you snare a last-minute deal, as we did. We missed the breakfast, since we were up early to go fishing. (The staff offered to have something prepared for us early.)

It's out on the north end of Tillamook, next to the Fred Meyer. It's not a view location, and it's away from the center of town.

But it was clean, the service was pleasant and every basic necessity was there. You can do a lot worse on motel/hotels on the Oregon Coast.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Ashley Inn of Tillamook

Reviewed March 18, 2014

The room was okay - about average. The room was spacious. Our teen slept on the pull out sofa and it was not comfortable. I had to make the pullout bed myself. I heard the pool was nice but we didn't get a chance to use it. My husband loved the morning meal that came with the room though.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night while traveling for work. Hotel is average, its not a little run down. Workout room was a joke with an ancient treadmill, a bike, and a very small set of free weights. Still it seemed clean enough everywhere I went and staff was friendly. Free WiFi with strong signal is a major plus. My complaint is the complimentary, but NOT continental breakfast situation. They give you a voucher at check in and tell you to present it at their "sit down" style breakfast. After you seat yourself a waitstaff takes your order, after they notice you are there. You have a choice of 7 or 8 combination type breakfast meals. (Luckily I remembered the voucher!) I got a sort of sausage scramble. Food was just ok (think Denny's or below). Still, for free, not bad. My issue with the whole thing is the inconvenience of it. All said and done I was there for 30 min.; faster than a restaurant, but way longer than I had to spend being that I was traveling for work. And the whole thing is just a bit...awkward.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank lbee3bos
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Had a problem with the beds. Not very comfortable and the morning service was a bit to be desired. Kind of like a Motel 6 upgraded. Off the main highway but fior the cost it was the best looking lace in town.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

On a road trip up the California coast I stopped at this hotel for the night because it was rated #1 in Tillamook. Check in was fine. When I got to my room I checked the bed to make sure everything was as it should be. When I pulled back the blankets and top sheet it appeared as though the sheets were not fresh. It seemed to me that I could see where someone had slept on the sheet. I went to the front desk and told the clerk what I had found. She did not seem surprised. I told her that if she gave me clean sheets, I would change the sheets myself. Surprisingly, that is what happened. I changed the sheets. Why I was not moved to another room, I'm not sure. There were very few people staying there that night. The room decor was average for a budget hotel while the price for the room was higher than expected for a budget hotel. The bed was not comfortable and had a thick memory foam topper that was to soft for my comfort. During my check out I told the morning clerk about the problem with the sheets. She apologized but offered no other remedy beyond handing me the managers business card. I am shocked that this hotel is rated #1 for the town. I would recommend driving to the next town before stopping for the night.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Howard Y
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I purchased a Groupon for a birthday get-a-way for my hubby. The Inn is pet-friendly ($25 pet fee for 2 nights seems a bit pricey), and we had a King-Suite which was quite large and comfortable, had a microwave and small fridge, large flat screen, sofa and chair and lots of tables. The bathroom was exceedingly clean (I am a germaphobe - so that is high praise). However, the whole room had a very unpleasant odor - could never figure out where it was coming from - but it was probably the carpet. I left the comment card noting that odor, and two days after we returned home I received a very nice email from Keasha, the manager, who said they had the carpets professionally cleaned after we left. Which tells me that they DO read those cards. The bed was VERY hard and uncomfortable - even with the memory foam topper. But it had 4 very soft pillows and that made it a little easier to deal with. The sheets smelled heavily of bleach so I knew they were clean - but it was a little overpowering at times. We found the breakfast to be substantial with YUMMY biscuits and gravy, eggs, potatoes, sausage, many selections of beverages. (Cheryl, the breakfast chef does a fabulous job on those biscuits - and she is very pleasant). Neither the spa or sauna were working the first night which was disappointing - so we used the pool that night. The spa was repaired the next day and we used both pool and spa the last night - and they were VERY clean (remember - germaphobe).

All in all we thought it was a good trip for the price we paid and we would definitely consider returning. We would want to stay in the room that had the freshly cleaned carpets and the beds are probably at the end of their life if even memory doesn't help. The fact that Keasha acted so quickly on my comments regarding the odor is impressive and for that I give high marks - it means the staff/management care about maintaining their property and getting return guests.

Room Tip: Ask how recently the carpet in the pet friendly rooms have been cleaned - or give it a smell before...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed here Thanksgiving night. When we arrived, the gentleman working the check-in counter was great! Very kind and friendly. We had requested a crib in our room ahead of time but it wasn't there. He hopped right to it, apologized and got us a crib.

When we left, we called to the front desk to check out and no one answered. So we grabbed our things and headed downstairs to check out in person on the way out. We had to wait a little bit and saw that the lady was out front of the hotel with her friends - swirling in cigarette smoke. Then on our way out, we had to walk through their cloud of cigarette smoke. Very very unprofessional.

Room Tip: If the hotel is pretty empty, as that no one has a room next to you....the walls are a bit thin.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillamook
Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook
#2 of 3 in Tillamook
Harborview Inn & RV Park
Harborview Inn & RV Park
#1 of 3 in Garibaldi

Been to The Ashley Inn of Tillamook? Share your experiences!