“It's Tillamook.”

The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
Reviewed August 30, 2013

It's a decent hotel. The service is great, the breakfast average, Nice lobby, free internet computer in the lobby, nice pool(with a handicap chair lift, if you need it), a sauna and a good sized room, with a comfy bed. My one thing is the cleanliness of the common areas. The stairs were dirty and the second floor hall window was covered in cobwebs. I'd say they both haven't been vacuumed in 3+months. Looking past that, I would stay again.

1  Thank TigardMama

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Tillamook is not exactly a bustling city--so you don't have a lot of hotel choice. That being siad, this hotel is clean, the waiting area in the lobby has a computer and internet access, comfy chairs in which to relax or read, and a video gallery. It's a bit crass to charge $2 a rental, but I suppose that way they get their videos back.

The room was nicely appointed and the beds are wonderful. Memory foam toppers on the mattresses helped my back immensely. There is coffee and though others said they got no real toiletries, our room had shampoo and conditioner as well as soap.

I found the linens to be comfy, though others have claimed that was not their experience. I also like the location, near most of the tourist areas.

There is coffee and tea located in the check in area, which is wonderful. I never got to try the cookies, which is explained below.

The only caveat I have for this hotel is the staff could use more training on professionalism. I realize Tillamook isn't exactly New York City or Las Vegas, but when my daughter and I happened down to look for snacks (which are available for purchase at the front desk, instead of in a vending machine,) we fell into the middle of a conversation between three young male guests who were yelling down to the front desk from the second floor balcony. They were asking for the front desk person to make the promised and advertised cookies, and she informed them that they are not free, and that she was waiting on her nails to dry, but that she might make them later. I would have loved one...but none were forthcoming.

Then, I came down as I was unable to sleep, thinking I would read in a comfy chair instead of keeping my entire family awake. I got to be the unwilling hearer of two staff persons discussing why this person and that person were called off for the next shift, and how many check outs there were for the next day. The tone with which they discussed the check outs made me feel that I am a lot of work for them, and made me feel that I really wished I had chosen to stay somewhere that my choice would have been appreciated.

I also got to overhear the family plight of one of the employees, who stood at the front desk relating this information to the front desk person, in explicit detail. I learned how she had bailed her father out of jail, and how she couldn't even borrow 20 dollars from a family member. Not a discussion that should be had at work, in the lobby, where customers can overhear.

Outside of that however, the actual accommodations are very nice. A bit pricey, but you don't have a lot of hotels to choose from, and if you have seen the Red Apple reviews--well, I prefer my rooms clean.

3  Thank Bettyinoregon
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Had to stay one night and it was fine for that. Clean rooms, comfortable beds. We had a king suite and oir daughter slept on the sofa bed and it was horribly uncmfiportable for her, the whole place needs to be refurbished for the price they are charging. The view outside our window was the parking lot and the goodwill donation centre, truly awful. The staff were very nice. The Chinese Garden restaurant down the road was very good, swimming pool was good,

Reviewed August 19, 2013

After another long day of riding the Ashley Inn was a great place to rest and recoop. Great room, comfortable and clean. Friendly staff. Good welcome cookies. REceptionist helped us find a good pizza place that delivered. Great breakfast in the breakfast room the next morning.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mroddick55
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We made a last minute booking. Not much to choose from. The photo looks better than the condition of the property. The effects of a long economic recession can be seen. The carpets are worn our bed was worn out Our room had a odor that required us to keep the window open. Basically this place needs new F,F & E. Staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a "non pet room".
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

stayed here for one night on our way down the oregon coast. the staff was helpful and very friendly.

there is an indoor pool, which was all but deserted so we had it to ourselves. the room was clean and we had no complaints except for the pull-out sofa bed. it was probably the most uncomfortable thing i've slept on, but at least the main bed was good.

breakfast was free, but not great. they did have some hot food (waffles, biscuits & gravy), but nothing tasted very good, and we ate very little there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

There is no question that our 3-night stay here significantly enhanced our visit to the area. The Inn is well back from the highway, the staff is helpful and pleasant, the room (and lobby) was spacious, comfortable and pleasant. We rented two videos at only $2 each. One negative note - the breakfast is just so-so.

Room Tip: We paid about $30 a night extra for a king room with sitting area. It was well worth the money.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillamook
Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook
#1 of 3 in Garibaldi
Western Royal Inn
Western Royal Inn
#2 of 3 in Tillamook

Been to The Ashley Inn of Tillamook? Share your experiences!