“road trip”

The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My kids and I were on a road trip down along the Oregon Coast and decided to stay in Tillamook for the night. We felt very at home here. A cute little movie selection to rent at the front desk, a small fitness center, nice choice of continental breakfast, and a pool area with hot tub and sauna all for a very reasonable price. I thought it was neat that people passing through with campers could rent a lot outside and use the accommodations, at least that is what it looked like. Have to get over the farm smell and the not so great housekeeping, but we would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 7, 2013

There was cigarette butts all over the ground at the entrance. Then while waiting for the elevator we noticed it was dirty all over a good vacuuming would be in order. In the room the carpet was dirty not vacuumed well at all. Then the bathroom not that it was dirty but it was so messy, paint on wall plates ceiling and back of the door, sloppy caulking, dirty vent, curtain not hooked properly. The problem with this hotel is a definite lack to detail, this hotel could be so much more but very sloppy and dirty. Last of all the clerk was grumpy

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is located at the north end of Tillamook on US-101. The price for a room with a single king bed was very reasonable. The room is pretty good size and has a CRT type TV, microwave and mini refrigerator and a nice bathroom. We choose this hotel because it had both wired and wireless ethernet and for the price. We're spending a couple of months traveling across the U.S. and need to occasionally access our bank accounts which we wouldn't do on an unsecured wireless network.

The breakfast was fair with scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuits & gravy, muffins, cereals, coffee, juice and fruit.

This is a pet friendly hotel, and the only complaint I have is that we got a room on the first floor (the only floor where pets are permitted) and our easy chair was spotted with pet leakage. When I turned the cushion over, the other side was covered with pet hair. I guess the chair was Fido's bed. It cleaned up pretty well with a wash cloth, but I still went out and bought a can of spray disinfectant and gave it a good once over. I went ahead and sprayed the carpeting while I was at it.

Be aware that the only way into this hotel without going up steps is the front entrance. There is a Fred Meyer department store across the street.

Room Tip: Unless traveling with pets, avoid the first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank psnyder16
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We took a spur-of-the-moment trip and decided to stop in Tillamook for a couple of nights. We checked some hotels in the area on my iPhone and found this property had rooms available at a reasonable rate that included breakfast. We decided to go in without making reservations. The young lady at the front desk checked availability and gave us a rate. I told her I had found a lower rate by going to the Ashley Inn website so she was very pleasant and gave us that rate. The room was spacious and clean. After going to bed, I realized all the pillows were feather, and since I am allergic to feathers, I began to have a reaction with itchy throat and stuffy head. It was late and I chose not to call the front desk to see if they had other pillows available. The next morning when we went downstairs for breakfast (a nice variety including eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles, fruit and more), we stopped by the desk and asked about the pillows. The young lady was very sympathetic and promised to find another pillow for me. The new pillow was in our room when we returned from our sightseeing. All the staff we encountered were very nice. We would consider staying here again if we return to Tillamook.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Karex72
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

this was the first time staying hereand at first was alittle disappointed because the girl that checked me in was rude and dismissive (megan), but the rest of the front desk staff were helpful and beyond accomendating. the room was not clean when i checked in but i was switched to a clean room. overall i had a very enjoyable stay. thanks to the front desk girls: angie,britney and deanna

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 24, 2013

First I want to say that this a larger hotel than I thought it was. None of the reviews mentioned that it was this large. The staff was very nice at check in and helpful. When we asked about dining options in town we were told of a couple of places with personal insights into what they thought the places were best for.
The room we had was large and very comfortable. The bed was nice and large and the bathroom had a large shower with all the amenities you could want.
I do have to warn you though that this is farm country and you will find that the hotel filters, quite well, the outside air. Outside is the smell of cows and manure and there is nothing that can be done about it. It is what it is.There are no outside smells in the hotel.
There are a couple of nice drives with wonderful views and parks, several museums too. There is also the Tillamook Cheese Factory that offers tours. I cannot believe that so many people told me to take the tour. I thought that it really was not that big a deal but you should see the size of their parking lot. It can accommodate hundreds of cars and that is no exaggeration.
The breakfast room was nice and set up well with really good coffee. It seems that Oregonians really love their coffee and they know what is expected and this place delivers.

Room Tip: If you stay in at night or want to keep the kids occupied, go to the lobby and select a dvd or two f...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank librarian81
ait97141, General Manager at The Ashley Inn of Tillamook, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for taking time to give such great feedback on our hotel and the area. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay in our area. We hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have stayed at the motel before, and I was not disappointed. The rooms are spacious and clean. The towels they provided seemed skimpy, and I prefer a washcloth, hand towel, and two bath towels, but I didn't complain. The elevator is slow, but there are stairs to navigate the three floors. Breakfast is good, but there is little variety; I would be bored if I stayed too many days in a row. Pay attention to the breakfast chit-chat because it s always interesting. I often wonder what tourists are expecting from a small dairy community.

Room Tip: I prefer the top floor even with the slow elevator. They allow pets on the first floor, so avoid it...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for reviewing our property. We appreciate all the feedback we get. We want all our guests to have a comfortable stay, any time you may like additional linen, or different linen please don't hesitate to ask. I would agree conversations in the breakfast area in the morning can be interesting to say the least. I am glad you had a comfortable stay and we look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillamook
Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook
#2 of 3 in Tillamook
Harborview Inn & RV Park
Harborview Inn & RV Park
#1 of 3 in Garibaldi

Been to The Ashley Inn of Tillamook? Share your experiences!