“Wonderful!”

The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We had already had a bad start to our little get away first the weekend and once we arrived at the Ashley inn all changed. The moment we walked in we were greeted by "Angela" and she made me and my husband feel like we were at home, we were stuck in tillamook for two days and she gave us a good rate! She gave us directions to everywhere we wanted to go and she even let us check in early! Everyone was so welcoming all the front people were great and opened the door for us almost everytime! Breakfast was great more then what expected. Eggs, fruit, waffles, muffins, biscuit and gravy, and much more...the rooms were clean and cozy! What more could we have asked for to make our little get away amazing! Thanks to everyone at the Ashley. Inn!

• Stayed September 2012
bwt97141, General Manager at The Ashley Inn of Tillamook, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for letting us know how your stay was! I'm glad you were able to stay with us while you were "stuck" in town. I appreciate the wonderful comments you left about the staff and service. I will share your comments with the staff and I hope to see you again when you return to Tillamook.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed September 25, 2012

In May, my boyfriend and I bought a Groupon for a weekend stay with a "Romance Package" (a bottle of Cooks champagne and 2 glasses). When I called to reserve, I was pretty impressed with how rude the woman was. She was really informal, for example when she had to put me on hold, she said, "Hold on!" and without waiting for my response, put me on hold. I guess 'rude' is the wrong word... she was oddly inconsiderate. When we got to the hotel, the front desk people were not unpleasant, but they didn't look happy to be there by any means. We wanted to go out one night, so we asked a girl about our age where the good bars were. She advised she had no idea, which is fine, we ended up driving around town (good thing it's so small) and found a street with a couple small bars. One woman was very helpful regarding where the good beaches were, so the service wasn't bad... it just wasn't the happiest crowd of employee's, which was uncomfortable. Aside from the service, the hotel was clean, as was our room. Our room was awesome and spacious! I never wanted to leave, the bed was so comfy! There was that "Tillamook Smell", but within an hour, we got used to it. The location was good, too. We were about 15 minutes away from many different small beaches and the Tillamook Chees Factory was, like, 3 minutes away. We had a great time, because we made it a great time. If you're looking for a clean hotel in a good location and don't mind not getting a "good morning!" or a "have a good night" from the desk people, then go for it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate you letting me know how your booking experience and stay was. I apologize the staff were not as professional and friendly as they should have been. I do take staff conduct very seriously and will address the issues you mentioned right away. Again, I apologize the service you received was not as it should have been and I appreciate you reviewing our property.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We found this hotel by chance thinking it was a Best Western, but the quality of service was way better. The front desk staff was friendly and inviting which was a boon since we were traveling all day. They gave us great reccomendations for placs to eat and to see. We ended up staying for two days instead of just over night. The breakfast that they serverd was really good and the beds were very comfotable. My one complaint was not enough towels in the room but a call to the front desk brought us two more sets of towels. The do have construction going on in front but it wasn't like most construction sites.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! I am pleased to hear the front desk staff was able to offer such great service and you were able to stay an extra night with us. I will pass along all your comments to the staff. Again, thank you for taking time to review our hotel.
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The front desk staff were amazing especially Kristen. The hotel was clean and in a good location. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anybody that was staying in the area. The breakfast was excellent and I appreciated the fact that Deana was there in the middle of the night when I needed another pillow.

• Stayed September 2012
bwt97141, General Manager at The Ashley Inn of Tillamook, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you so much for such a great review, I will be sure to pass your comments along to both Kristen and Deana. I am so glad you were able to stay and have breakfast with us. We have recently changed the menu, so it's great to hear that you enjoyed it. We believe having someone here 24 hours a day is important because people are not just up and about from 6am to midnight. Thanks again for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay.
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our second night on the road to an ocean retreat, with a day full of getting lost by listening to our GPS and one car breakdown by The Dalles. What a wonderful surprise to have helpful compassionate and welcoming staff! We were directed to a super home cooked type restaurant WITH adult beverages and given rooms together as requested. Relaxing pool and hot tub and right next door to Fred Meyer! Six ladies who love to shop were very happy with bargains!
Sunday morning brunch was a customer service example to every other hotel!
Very clean and hospitality oriented.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from highway might be better for fussy travelers. Didn't bother us!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
WOW! I am so glad you actually made it too us. What a crazy trip to get here. I am so glad it worked out well in the end, especially the shopping next door. Thanks for letting us know how things ended up working out for you... you made it home right?!
Oro Valley, Arizona
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Motel is clean and a decent price, but the location was not what we expected from the address and pictures. It sits smack on the main drag into town which has lights and noise. But, since Tillamook is not exactly a metropolis that wasn't too big a problem. It is also next door to a busy Fred Meyer, but the real trouble will be ahead when it will face the back side of a new Goodwill store which is currently under construction right in FRONT of the entry to this Motel. As an added note; we stayed in room 320 which had an odd odor.
Too bad, as they say, location-location-location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate all the feedback you gave. We will be updating our pictures as the property around us develops so that others may get an accurate picture of the area. Thank you for letting us know about the odor in the room you stayed in, I will be sure that is taken care of right away. Once again, thank you for letting me know how your stay was.
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was a very pleasant stay in a clean hotel with breakfast and friendly employee's. Also very close to everything. We loved it.The fair was going on and it was very hard to find a room. The employee at the front desk was very helpful to hold the room, Gave us directions to the fair and help to tell us about the town. The room was large and very quiet. It had everything we needed. We even enjoyed warm cookies in the afternoon. The swimming pool was a nice enclosed pool. This Hotel is very close to the Tillamook plant where you can go for a tour, Also Fred Meyers is within walking distance in case you forget something. I was very thankful for such a nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
I appreciate you taking time to give us such a wonderful review. The fair is certainly an exciting time and rooms are usually hard to come by that week so I am happy we were able to hold a room for you. I will be certain to pass along your great comments to the front desk staff. I too enjoy the cookies in the afternoon. Thank you for giving us some great feedback about your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillamook
Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook
#1 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Western Royal Inn
Western Royal Inn
#2 of 3 in Tillamook

Been to The Ashley Inn of Tillamook? Share your experiences!