“Clean room, good amenities”

The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed here for one night. The bed and room were comfortable and clean. The laundry facilities were very helpful as some muddy weather earlier in the trip meant I needed to do a wash sooner than I'd expected. There's only one washer and dryer, but the washer was free, and the dryer only cost $1.00, which is far cheaper than any laundromat I'd been to before.

The pool looked very nice, but I didn't have time to use it. They also have a very extensive DVD library for rent, and the lobby is very comfortable for sitting and reading. The breakfast was ok -- it wasn't anything to write home about, but it also didn't seem to merit all the complaints everyone else has about it. There was fruit, various baked goods, eggs, sausage, and biscuits and gravy. I think there was also oatmeal, but I didn't have any. And besides, with the Tillamook factory store right down the street, you definitely don't want to fill up on breakfast!

Overall, I was happy with it and would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for taking time to give us this great review. We appreciate it when guests take time to let others know how their stay was. I'm glad you were able to use our laundry facility. We get some rain here, especially in the winter/fall time and find the facility is helpful for all travelers. You are correct we do have oatmeal, we like to keep a variety of items so that most people can find something for breakfast. Thanks again for letting everyone know about your experience and we look forward to seeing you if you're in town again.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We traveled to Tillamook to conduct a rural auction and were wonderfully surprised at the high quality of the Ashley Inn. The women at the counter were very friendly and helpful. We were on the third floor facing the front and found the room quiet. The room was clean and comfortable. The pillows were so nice I wanted to take one home with me. I noticed negative breakfast comments, but we experienced a wonderfully prepared and variety for a continental breakfast. The scrambled eggs were good and I am picky. I usually do not eat gravy, but did that morning and found it very tasty. I would recommend this location to anyone traveling in the area, I know that we will. The only negative I can say is the computer for business travelers was very old an the service slow. But with laptops and i.phones not as important as it used to be. A plus is Fred Myers is out of the drive way and into theirs and you do not have to get out into traffic to get there

Room Tip: I always call the actual location of a hotel myself to make reservations to be sure that I have th...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for this great feedback. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate the detail that you gave so others will know more about your stay. I will be sure to pass along your comments to all the staff. Thank you for taking time to give us this feedback we really appreciate it.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located between the Tillamook cheese factory and a Fred Meyer store. Our spacious room was more than adequate for 4 adults and a toddler. We all enjoyed the salt-water indoor pool and the spa, but the breakfast lacks variety and needs improvement. Only bananas the first day, and no fresh fruit at all the next morning. This said, the front desk personnel was super friendly and very accommodating. There were only 2 chairs in the room. We asked for 2 more. No problem! Another nice touch were the fresh baked cookies in the afternoon. Good value overall.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for giving us this valuable feedback. I apologize you didn't find enough on the breakfast bar for your needs. We keep eggs, biscuits and gravy, potatoes, hot and cold cereal, muffins and toast so almost everyone can find something. Thank you once again for letting us know about your experience.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Ok, this was one of the best breakfast places I've had. So I'm going to go into detail about how amazing it is because I like food and so should you.

They had scrambled eggs with pork, and just scrambled eggs by themselves. Also delicious hash browns with an option to sprinkle grated cheese. Zap this in the microwave and you have an amazing dish. There's biscuits with that chowder sauce and mini white cake muffins. The usual is there as well - cereal bar, etc... There is a big sit down area

The staff was very friendly.

The room itself was clean and quiet.

And yes, delicious fresh cookies around 4pm+

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
bwt97141, General Manager at The Ashley Inn of Tillamook, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I appreciate it when our guests take the time to fill out a review. We have been making changes to our breakfast so it's great to hear that you had a good breakfast. I agree chees on the hash browns is delicious! I like the muffins as well, somethimes they do chocolate, sometimes it's blueberry and just recently they started a raspberry white chocolate chip. Our cookies go over pretty well too. We're able to take requests and we even keep gluten free handy. Thanks again for taking time to let everyone know how we did. I look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Our room at the Ashley Inn was spacious, clean, and comfortable. We particularly enjoyed the combination of a sofa and lounge chair. All the facilities were good. The real downer was the low quality of the continental breakfast, just about the worst we've ever had. Go somewhere else for breakfast and you have a comfortable midrange motel.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest-
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your feedback regarding both your room and the breakfast. I apologize that the quality of the breakfast was not well. We are currently in the process of updating our breakfast so that all guests are happy. Again, thank you for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had had a long days drive and were just looking for somewhere clean and convenient for the night. What a find the Ashley Inn was. Certainly very clean and just far enough off the road to be quiet but still convenient. In addition this hotel has everything you could want. Swimming pool, hot tub, washers, exercise room, huge selection of DVD's and large comfortable rooms. Coffee available at all hours and a friendly staff. Breakfast was OK although some things were running low. Pasties and rolls were home made. I agree with another reviewer that it is difficult to find a restaurant. The one the hotel recommended was unfortunately closed the night we were there.
Highly recommend if you are passing down or up the coast. Cheese factory tour in morning was additional bonus.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
bwt97141, General Manager at The Ashley Inn of Tillamook, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I'll pass along your comments to the entire staff. I'll speak with the breakfast attendants about keeping things fuller. We try to have just about anything a traveler would need. Thank you for taking time to let everyone know how we did.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

A large and well-appointed room, comfortable mattress, friendly staff. I've had better continental breakfasts, but that's a small stain on an otherwise delightful stay. Staff had good restaurant and shopping recommendations. The only glitch in our whole stay had nothing to do with the hotel, but be aware that in the off season, very few area restaurants (like two) are open after 8:00 PM.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West side should have less traffic noise, but the whole hotel is back from the highway...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidSutton42

Thank you for taking time to let the world know how we're doing! I appreciate your comments on our breakfast and am working with the staff to add more items. I enjoy our memory foam beds as well. If you're in the area this summer stop in again, this time we will have local restaurants open until at least 9pm. Thanks again for your great feedback!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillamook
Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook
#2 of 3 in Tillamook
Harborview Inn & RV Park
Harborview Inn & RV Park
#1 of 3 in Garibaldi

Been to The Ashley Inn of Tillamook? Share your experiences!