“Nice stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

Got a deal on Mobba. Great staff, nice rooms, great indoor salt pool and hot-tub. Breakfast was simple- cereals, muffins, toast, some eggs and potatoes, coffee and juice.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the 2nd floor room near elevator- outdoor fan runs all night.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
bwt97141, General Manager at The Ashley Inn of Tillamook, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
I am so pleased you liked your stay with us! This was the first time our hotel has ever run a Mobba deal and as I'm sure you saw it was a big hit! We'll run another one so keep an eye out. Thank you for the feedback on the fan on the second floor I'll have someone take a look at it to see if there's something we can't do to help cut down on the noise. I really do appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback. We like to know how we are doing and who better to let us know than you our valued guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
st louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

i had a great time at this place. i have a place to stay when in tillamook and i decided to stay here instead for a weekend and am i glad that i did. the room was clean and comfortable the staff made my weekend enjoyable and i would come and stay again just because of them. Great job. i have stayed in really nice hotels in Chicago and New York City that were way nicer but they could learn a thing or two from the friendly staff at the ashley in tillamook.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
bwt97141, General Manager at The Ashley Inn of Tillamook, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review! I love hearing how we did for each and every guest! I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. We want our guest to leave our hotel with the thought that if they are ever in Oregon this is where they want to stay or even stop in to just say hello and grab a quick cookie and some coffee. Thank you again for your wonderful comment! Stop in again and see us anytime!
Hillsboro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

This was our first time staying in Tillamook outside of an RV. Girls are pleasant at the desk and helpful with recommended places to have dinner. Beds were very comfy, upon check out I had forgotten an item in our room and "Felicia" was nice enough to call and let me know that it was forgotten. Although i could not turn around to go get it because we had just reached our place of residence she arranged to have it mailed back to me. Thank You Felicia!

Downside is the pool area. The water was really murky and cloudy. It could have been a little cleaner. You could see the brown marks on the bottom of the pool where they missed when using a pool sweeper. Smell of chlorine was kinda bothersome also. So me and hubby stayed out of the pool. Other than that the stay was pleasant and i would return for another stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
bwt97141, General Manager at The Ashley Inn of Tillamook, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
HillsboroJade:
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am happy to hear that the front desk staff were so helpful. We want all our guests to feel like they aren't just another guest or just another number. I will personally pass along your thanks to Felicia. I appreciate your feedback about the pool area, I will speak with that department right away to get that taken care of. Again, thank you for taking time to give us this important feedback!
Manzanita, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is a large-ish 3 story restaurant in Tillamook - a place not noted for good hotels. Recently bought by new owner and renamed, this is our first stay. The place is nice enough, but not exceptional.
The young woman at the front desk was bubbly, colloquial and not well trained, couldn't tell a guest how far a major destination was (about 2 hrs), showed the screen where she'd scanned a drivers license, did not offer to explain features or what there was to see or do in the area.
The breakfast was no extra charge - and it included pre-made scrambled eggs, same with bits of sausage, frozen diced potatoes reheated, 3 cheap cold cereals, OJ and coffee. Sort of like the selection at Days Inn or Holiday Express, but rather bland. The waffle iron (if you wished to make a fresh one of your own) was incredibly slow. Filling, of some nutritious value, but not great.
On the positive side, the room was clean, without odors, carpet and furniture in good condition.
The wifi was free, but a bit slow and 3 of 5 bars. And, since we waited a couple hours in the lobby for our appointment, we had occasion to notice that the suspended wood floor was not appropriately rigid - it felt like a truck was driving by each time someone walked through the lobby. Gives the impression it was thrown together. And the ground floor carpets were more worn and soiled than corridors or rooms.
So, 3 of 5 as average is our rating; maybe 3 1/2 tops. Next time we'll probably stay at a friend's house. Neither recommended, nor stay away ... just "so."
SM

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank S_Martin9
Thank you for taking the time to give us this important feedback. I apologize that the front desk agent was not exceptional. I will speak with the front desk staff right away about this matter. I was pleased to hear that your room received a positive response. I will look into why our internet was slow right away. I truly appreciate all your feedback and rest assured I will look into the matters you mentioned right away. Thank you
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

We have traveled all week. San Francisco, San Jose and Gold Beach were prior stops. This hotel cost $40-$50 more a night then ALL of the hotels we stayed in. It was also the worst hotel of our trip. When the room next to us used their shower, our shower dripped the ENTIRE time. The tub would not drain and the shower head could barely be adjusted, even then, only a little movement at all. The tile where it met the tub hadn't been caulked properly and you can see where the mold has begun to form. The front desk woman when we checked in was not very friendly or helpful at all. The refrigerator is noisy and the microwave is extremely old. We were appreciative that we did have them. They only have one elevator in the center of the building which means you have the potential of waiting followed by a long walk to your room. They use a topper on the bed, which is very soft and comfortable. They have some hot food at breakfast which was enjoyable. The morning staff was super friendly and definitely made the stay not as much of a disappointment for us.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
bwt97141, Front Office Manager at The Ashley Inn of Tillamook, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest feedback. Guest satisfaction truly is a priority for our hotel and we are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I will speak with the maintenance department regarding your comments right away to get problems you mentioned in your room fixed. I will also speak to the front desk agent who checked you in right away. We want all our front desk agents to be friendly and helpful. I apologize that your stay was less that satisfactory and appreciate your honest feedback, please know we take all comments seriously and make every effort to correct any problems any guests may have. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay.
Gilbert, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

We normally stay at the Shilo Inn and Suites across the street from the Ashley Inn but decided to try something different this time around. We were extremely disappointed. This was not was we're used to. To start, the pull out bed did not have sheets on it. We had to get sheets and make the bed ourselves. The maid left the trash in our room and did not pick up either.

The breakfast in the morning was very, very disappointing. The eggs were actually powdered eggs! The breakfast muffins were made from cake mix. The orange and apple juice was not real juice. There was no basic breakfast fruit of any kind. My wife and child were struggling to get in the front door of the inn and the staff just stood there and watched and didn't offer to help or assist.

Normally, little things would not get to us but once you start adding it all up at over $100 a night, this place was atrocious. What topped it off was that they charge $4.00 in the lobby to rent DVDs that are ten years old when you can literally walk one minute to Fred Meyer and use the Red Box for $1.00. We'll be staying at the Shilo Inn & Suites going forward.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest feedback, guest satisfaction is a priority for our hotel. I have reviewed your comments with the housekeeping staff regarding their policies on cleaning stay-overs to ensure guest satisfaction. I also spoke with breakfast staff and we will be moving our fruit bowl to a more visible location. The staff also reassured me that we do not use powdered eggs of any kind.
I apologize that our newer movies were unavailable for you during your stay. I reviewed your comment regarding the price of movies and we have since lowered our prices. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
Lake Oswego, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

We have stayed in the RV section of the Ashley Inn several times now, and I have to say that it is a nice place to land after a day of outdoor activities. The RV pads are in very good shape, there are full hookups, a light and a picnic table. Priced at approximately $25/night during the winter season, you simply cannot beat it!

The staff here are all very friendly and personable. They seem to remember their guests, and all try very hard to help you feel welcome. As only "partial" guests of the hotel, RV guests are still allowed to enjoy the warm fireplace in the lobby, the computer, free wifi, the pool and jacuzzi, the breakfast buffet and unlimited coffee and tea.

The breakfast is fairly limited with cereal, waffles and scrambled eggs...but seriously....I am not staying here for the free breakfast, and I think it's a nice touch to have something available to guests included in the price. I don't get too picky about it. It's simple and just fine.

The lobby also has coffee and tea throughout the day and evening, and the staff is more than happy to pop some fresh popcorn in the movie theater style popper in the evening if you ask. They welcomed us to hang out, enjoy the popcorn by the fireplace and watch a movie on our portable DVD player.

There is a review somewhere previously about "barking dogs" at a nearby house that ruined this guests stay. While I surely would have also been quite annoyed by this had I experienced it, I would assume that the helpful staff would have moved any guest with a concern about noise. I have walked around the parking lot, and have seen the house with the dogs. I feel actually quite sorry for them locked in a smallish outdoor kennel. No wonder they barked! But, I would blame the owners, not the hotel, and I will assume that the staff will move you if you are unhappy with your room for any reason. Poor dogs.......And for the record, I did not hear them barking during any of my stays in the RV section.

All in all, this is a nice, simple hotel for travelers, fishermen, families, and anyone staying in or passing thru Tillamook. The RV parking is very affordable and is a great deal when you are on the road and need a safe, quiet place to stay the night.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillamook
Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook
#1 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel
Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel
#3 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to The Ashley Inn of Tillamook? Share your experiences!