“Great sandwiches”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great sandwiches”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We ate here after touring the Tillamook Cheese Factory. All the sandwiches were tasty with unusual twists. Loved the peppered brie cheese. The gift shop area has delicious jams, jellies and wines. Great place to stop by for lunch.

Wilton, California
659 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 787 helpful votes
“Excellent Cheeses and Gourmet shopping”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We have been planning this stop for this trip for awhile. There are tastings for each of the bries sold, we bought the smoky and herb varieties. We also picked up some cheese knots we cannot find just anywhere. There's a lot of touristy stuff as well, but if you know what you want it's great to have it.

Visited October 2012
Kansas
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Don't bypass this stop!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stopped in here on our way to the Tillamook Cheese Factory and loved everything about it. They have an amazing assortment of samples - their own Brie cheeses - but also lots of sauces, dips, dressings, etc. We didn't stay for lunch but I'm sure the offerings were delicious and served with the same friendly attention we enjoyed everywhere else in this establishment. Varieties of hard-to-find cheeses and salamis are also available for sale.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jammaco
Wilsonville, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Delicious brie and chocolate, plus great petting zoo”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was our first stop on our trip down the Oregon coast. I mostly was just dropping by for the brie (which I adore), and we also had a very delicious chocolate peanut butter truffle (it was expensive, but the two of us quite happily split one and were satisfied).

But the reason I am writing this is the petting zoo. My fiance is a suburban kid who hasn't gotten to hang out with farm animals... and I'm crazy about animals so I was game to buy some feed so we both could pet them. There are sheep, lambs, rams, a llama, a couple of donkeys, a bunch of chickens and geese, and an emu. They are all fairly friendly and extremely greedy. Don't expect them to care a bit about you if you don't feed them. I showed my fiance and also a little Japanese boy how to hand-feed animals properly, which was fun. (There aren't any signs telling you how to do this, so city slickers take note: you want to keep your hand flat, fingers together to prevent any inadvertent loss or damage to your digits.)

Fair warning: the emu, like most birds, eats by pecking. Hand-feeding will hurt! (I found this out the hard way -- this was my first encounter with a seriously large bird. The thing was taller than me). If you hold the bag open (and away from your vitals, please) the emu will stick its head right in the bag and peck away. I wish I had taken some pictures.

Anyway, $5 of feed (5 small bags) will last you a long time and is thus cheap entertainment for kiddos (or silly adults like us).

Visited September 2012
Milford, OH
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Not the cheese company we expected, but OK”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stopped at Blue Heron French Cheese Company, a big, clean & family friendly place with lots outside for kids & adults (old farm equipment, etc) to see, and lots of samples of mustards & jams inside (but only a few types of cheese samples). Lots of other stuff to buy – we got a few items. The staff was helpful. They have food to order & tables inside & outside with beautiful flowers to look at while you eat.

Visited September 2012