“Another cool find!”

53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Another cool find!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

A couple of guests at the hotel we stayed at recommended we stop in at the air museum. Well worth the stop. Lots of interesting Oregon history here.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank jean_likes_maine

oregon
185 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“must see building”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I have been wanting to go there for a while now ,I am not big on planes but I was excited to see a old blimp hangar and it did not disappoint, what a fantastic building!
Lots of history and neat things to see ,even a big transport plane outside that you get to go in and look around.
I did enjoy the planes, but not as much as my husband did, also various air plane engines seam to excite all the men near them as did the old generator thing in the helium room.
We were there for over 3 hours so give yourself plenty of time to enjoy this place.

Visited March 2014
Santa Barbara, California
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“World's Largest Wooden Structure!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My friends and I traveled out to the Oregon Coast and made it a point to see the World's Largest Wooden Structure, the Tillamook Air Museum. It was very cold inside-- no surprise since it's such a huge building it's obviously not heated. The intro video got us started and the other displays were self-guided. We didn't spend a lot of time reading but we did enjoy seeing all the planes and memorabilia. There was even a large cargo plane outside you could go inside. The price was a little high ($12 per person) and the only thing I felt was missing was an actual blimp. The building was built so big for a reason and there's not even a blimp on display. Overall, we enjoyed saying we saw the world's largest wooden structure and some cool planes with it.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Braceless45
Vancouver, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Our family REALLY enjoyed this place. It was such a interesting and informative experience. It was mind-blowing to see such large aircrafts up close and personal. Our 4 y.o. son and 10 y.o. daughter loved it. Great fun for our whole family. Will definitely do it again the next time we are in Tillamook!

Visited February 2014
San Diego, California
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Good Airplanes; Poor Value”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I always enjoy air museums and I did enjoy this one. However, I found the admission fee pretty steep. You charge $12 to see 33 aircraft in half the hangar. For comparison, Pima Air & Space Museum in Tucson, AZ, charges $15 to see 300 aircraft on 80 acres. Your price doesn't deliver on the value. At the same time, it's a good move to have private recreational vehicle storage in the hanger to bring in revenue and offset expenses. My recommendation is that you re-evaluate what you are delivering to the public and get the attraction in line with the price to see it. As it is, you charge too much.

Visited January 2014