“Southern Californian Surprised” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
San Diego
“Southern Californian Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We are from San Diego, and love Mexican food. Mexicana was recommended to us by locals, and while it was different from what we are used to, it did not disappoint. We had enchilladas, with crab and with shrimp. Both nicely flavored, light, and delicious! Appetizers were surprising in that they include refried beans- a nice touch! Service was friendly and attentive. For Mexican on the Oregon Coast, a very nice surprise- would definitely return.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank dewitthouse

Olympia, Washington
“Local Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We found this small local Mexican restaurant. The service was very good and the food was better. They have the old fashion Mexican flavor that reminded me of my youth. It had wonderful salsa and it was very fresh. The locals seem to love it; it was very popular for 5:00pm early dinner.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sandra W
Neotsu, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“La Mexicana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Very good food and great prices. We ate there for lunch and also bought take out to bring to our bazaar. Take out was very generous with a large bag of fresh tortilla chips included.

Visited December 2012
Tillamook, Oregon
“Have never returned”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Went once to find it wasn't the Mexican food quality I was used to. Better to hit the taco trucks around our area. They are good.

Great Falls, Montana
“Great crab enchiladas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is an annual stop for me and a regular dining place for my family, even a 4-year-old. The food and ambiance for a family is perfect. I had the crab enchiladas: even though I asked for them to be spicy, the crab taste was not covered up. The mix of flavors was both subtle and clear. The tortillas come hot and the rice and beans are what you would expect. Plenty of tortilla chips, salsa and bean dip come to your table as you wait for your food. The wait is not long. I love the colorful building and interior decor. It is a restaurant I always hope to experience each year I am in the area.

Visited September 2012