“normal espresso shop”

Cuisines: American
Description: An easy search with online yellow pages
Description: An easy search with online yellow pages
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Staff knows their stuff, limited baked goods, small seating area. would not go out of my way, but if I need a hot drink, and drive by, I could and would stop. Dependable.

There are newer reviews for Muddy Waters

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Camping at Cape Lookout and jonesing for some good coffee. What a stroke of luck to stumble upon Muddy Waters just off 101.

Judy the proprietor promptly served me a steaming hot latte and I enjoyed the locals banter while I waited for my meal. "the pile" with bacon - glad I took her advice and ordered a half - it was huge. Delicious with fresh potatoes.

When the crowd thinned down (and yes my coffee was still hot), Judy and I chatted a bit and she gave me some great sightseeing tips. And she makes afghan throws - bought a couple nice ones!

I'll be sure and come back tomorrow - the lunch special sautéed garlic prawns w/fresh asparagus......

Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is one of those places that has a really loyal following. Once people try it, they seek it out and keep coming back! One of the reasons is the owner, Judy, who banters with the customers and treats everybody like they are the most important person who walked in the door that day. People love her and with good reason. She is also a fantastic cook, and her daily specials are the best. If you get lucky, you might be there on a day when the soup is her famous seafood chowder, or the special is the garlic prawns; if so, you better grab it while you can! She serves espresso coffee, has home-baked goodies in the case, and also serves great breakfasts. It's the sort of place people like to linger, relax, and visit. Very casual, nothing foo-foo, but Judy is very accommodating and will custom make food for people with special dietary concerns with no problem.

1  Thank Coastchicky
Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

This is a rural small town country diner where the locals clearly frequent. Each one was greeted by name and "I'll have my usual" was heard more than once from these customers.

We ordered "The Pile" (which can be ordered as a whole or a half - take the unspoken advice of the cook when they question you ordering the full and just get the half! It is a LOT of good food!!!) And we also ordered the cinnamon swirl bread french toast which was also tasty.
The coffee was strong, hot, and hit the spot. The cream was a carton of half-n-half that was free for customers to use as desired.

They have 2 booths for a more sit down experience, but we chose to sit at the bar and watch the cooks at work.

Tips: This is not a fast food experience - your food is made for you once you've ordered. And they don't take credit or debit cards, so bring your cash!

2  Thank SLPlovesPE42