“IMPRESSED”
Review of Kendra's Kitchen - CLOSED

Kendra's Kitchen
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cafe
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Our group of 13 showed up at 7:30. We were impressed with their ability to accommodate us and provide a wide range of meal selections in a timely manner. All were very pleased with their meals.
Kendra's has a homey atmosphere, attentive service and fine meals. We will be returning.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We wanted to be spontaneous and try a local, non-chain restaurant. It was about 5 minutes before anyone even greeted us. She showed us to the table and we took about 5 minutes to decide. We placed our orders and she came back 10 minutes later to tell us they had no turkey for the turkey sandwich. I looked at the menu again and ordered the halibut burger. We waited about 35 minutes for our food which was longer than we wanted but we figured hey good food takes time. My husband enjoyed his chicken burger. My halibut burger smelled pretty fishy when I got it, but I looked it over and the texture was fine. The fish wasn't raw so I went ahead and ate it. Fish was bland and my hands smelt like fish for the rest of the day. My husband and I both felt a little off after eating at this restaurant and the place smelled really old. Would not go back here again. They also need at least one more server; it seemed like too much work for one person.

3  Thank Young051813
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I can't tell you how the food was because the we ended up leaving. The woman who sat us was kind and friendly but the waitress must of been on bad drugs or something as she was slow, slumpy and rude. Although we found it to be rather pricey we stayed however, it took forever to to place our order, when she got around to bringing my friends coffee she just dropped it on the table spilling some of it with no apology and then she shuffled off like a sloth. Then when she brought my drink I told her it was not made correctly as I had not asked for margarita fixings on the rocks and would she please remake it properly. Her reply was the last straw to the bad service. She said and I quote " you get it how I make it". This was like a forth strike of rude so I told her she should look for a different line of work since she apparently hated her job so much and that you don't talk to customers in that manner. I got up and left with my friend following. It is too bad too as the last time I was here this little eatery was owned by people who put out great food with good service and valued their customers. All I can say is if Kendra wants to stay in business she needs to find staff that know how make drinks and values the customers that come in.

3  Thank Throttlebandit
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We expected a restaurant in Tillamook to have food with great cheese accents. My cheese burger was worse than I get a Red Robin, My wife had the Green Chili Grilled cheese sandwich, I have made better. The cam chowder was good, but the potatoe salad came from a container and was terrible.

There was a couple at a nearby table who loved their food, maybe we should have ordered something else.

I also found the server overbearing when I asked if I could have the special 1/2 turkey/bacon/chedder sandwich whole instead of 1/2, she said there are no substitutions on specials you have to order the turkey sandwich from the menu (Which was a completely different sandwich) I was willing to pay more fo a whole special, but she wouldn't even listen to me.

We will not be going back.

1  Thank Glowdaddy
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Came from Astoria, OR to Tillamook to meet some vacationing cousins halfway, who were in Pacific City. Kendra's Kitchen looked like a great place for a family with both older and younger people - the prices were very reasonable, and the food really was outstanding. I had Kendra's steak salad, some of our party had burgers, others had the fish 'n chips, and everyone was very pleased with the food. As I mentioned, we had come to meet and visit with family over a nice meal. Not long after the last person finished eating, and pretty much immediately after the server took the signed credit card slip, she was back at the table actually asking us to finish up and leave because people were waiting. WHAT?? REALLY?? I have seriously never been asked to please leave the restaurant because there were people waiting. Oh, and the people waiting were a couple of parties of 2, neither of which probably would have been seated at our table for six. I was absolutely appalled and obviously, even though the food was good, we'll probably never go there again.

3  Thank Joni M