“Good Food”
Review of Kendra's Kitchen - CLOSED

Kendra's Kitchen
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cafe
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This place is in a charming old home close to Tillamook cheese factory. Food was good, I had a BLT with cheese, of course. was a little pricey and service a bit slow.

There are newer reviews for Kendra's Kitchen

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The food tasted great! There's no denying that. But the building itself as well as the meals didn't seem built very well.

We stopped for a late lunch. We were seated immediately, but we weren't given menus until two other tables had placed their orders. Our server was friendly, but perhaps she was tired or hungry or something because she seemed distracted.

I'll say it again: The food tasted great! Whoever came up with the recipes did a marvelous job, carefully combining flavors into coordinated meals. I was impressed by that. The sandwich I had was clearly made of high quality ingredients, and the sauce went perfectly with all the toppings. The fries were only slightly more oily than what I would call perfect, but they were still delicious, and I found myself wishing I had room for more.

The trouble was the way the food was put together. My chicken sandwich was falling apart right from the start. And mine wasn't the only one at our table with the same problem. A couple of toothpicks to hold it together might have helped, but I really got the impression that all the thought and effort that went into the meal were to answer the question of "How will this taste?" without much consideration at all for "How will it be eaten?". The fries suffered the same problem in that the meal was served on a flimsy plate (might have been wicker?) with wax paper on it.

I had the same opinion of the building. It used to be a house. It didn't seem to have been remodeled as a restaurant so much as just redecorated. The colors and wall decorations went well together and made the dining room inviting, but the building needs structural work as well. I saw small cracks in the walls and ceiling, and whenever anyone else moved around in the room, I could feel through the floor every footstep.

The restrooms were clean, but I really don't need a naked-butterfly-fairy staring at me from an old-timey painting as I wash my hands.

Bottom line: Go enjoy the food. Really! Don't expect much from the service (you might be pleasantly surprised, if our experience was an exception). Don't expect a bargain, either. And don't expect a mess-free dining experience. But DO expect great taste. The flavors are four stars, at least, even if the rest of the experience warrants only two or three stars.

2  Thank HawaiianShirts
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We were on a road trip down the coast and happened to be staying at the motel across the road. We came in late (between 8:45 and 9 I'd say) and the waitress did check to see if the dinner menu was available or if we'd need to order from the lounge menu. Dinner menu is open till 9, so we both ordered burgers. Bacon and Blue for me, Scorpion for him. I had chowder, he had fries. Food was delicious, service was warm and friendly, drinks were heavenly (freshly muddled mojito). Topped off by the convenience factor (FYI, the Royal Western across the road was tops too) I think it turned out to be the best stop on our trip.

3  Thank trippinallday
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This was my first time to use trip advisor to choose a local restaurant. My mother and I were both hungry for seafood and this place delivered.While we did have to wait , the salmon and Caesar salad was wonderful. It was a little pricey but worth having fresh seafood on the coast for the first time in 12 years.

1  Thank Brian P
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Wasn't what we expected from the reviews. Overpriced. Old house but not in a nice way. Chowder was good in the bread bowl, at $9.50. The fish and chips were ok, but the fries were greasy and limp. Not worth the lunch time price of $16.95! We wouldn't go back.

1  Thank twobytwo_11