“Great place for a late lunch”
Review of Kendra's Kitchen - CLOSED

Kendra's Kitchen
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cafe
Sheridan, Wyoming
“Great place for a late lunch”
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Not sure what time of day the writers of bad reviews were here, but when we stopped by for a late (2:30) lunch, we found a bright, clean dining area, friendly help, fast service, and great food! My bacon cheeseburger was hot, cooked perfectly, surrounded by fresh hand-cut fries, and a bottomless glass of soda. Husband had the daily special, grilled oysters, which were delicious (and instead of the potion of six very large oysters, he got seven!) Excellent salad and homemade dressing. The chowder was thick, rich, full of clams, and wonderfully seasoned. Doesn't get any better. No problem that they don't take credit cards; they tell you right up front. If that's a deal breaker for you, too bad, cuz you'll miss a GREAT meal!

Portland, Oregon
“Wonderful food - service was not speedy”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I went there on 8/22 so a Wednesday night. There were a couple of other tables eating and about 3 or 4 of us that waited for food for a good 20 minutes. Then all the food came at once for all the tables. So not sure what happened there. THe food was great I had the shrimp salad and my husband had the surf and turf special. I would definately go again with the understanding that it is a smaller place and good food takes time.

Visited August 2012
Oregon
“Best chowder bread bowl, not the best dining room”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Kendra’s Kitchen is located in an old house, which can be charming, and it is in this case to some degree. However the house smells like your grandma’s house. The grandma that believes in using moth balls as potpourri. It could also use a good cleaning.

That was a bit off putting for me but we decided to stay. The wait staff was pleasant and the food was actually pretty good. One of the items we ordered was the clam chowder bread bowl. The chowder is a thin broth type of chowder and I favor a heavier base but it was very good. The real star was the bread bowl. It is baked in a buttery garlic spread and it was delicious.

I would definitely try other spots in Tillamook before returning to Kendra’s but it was worth checking out.

• Visited August 2012
“Long wait and massively underwhelming”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We are normally very temperate but this tarnished our evening. Long waits for food, 1hr, half of my main course came as a starter which was ridiculous. Portion of fries was forgotten and came out 10 minutes after we both had finished our meals. Also a family dining next to us left 20 mins before we were served as they couldn't tolerate the waiting time.

“Great Character and Great Food”
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Awesome atmosphere. Early 1900's house. The food was greatI and the service was fast. Very friendly family run establishment. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.