“Amazing Views”

Cape Meares Lighthouse and Wildlife Refuge
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Tillamook
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This lighthouse is well worth your stop. It's a beautiful area. The walk down to the lighthouse is fairly easy, and well worth it. The view from the point is stunning! Often, you can spot birds like falcons on the rocks around. Don't miss the detour to the Octopus Tree from the parking lot!

1  Thank tamberstone

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Lovely stroll along a cliff with forever views and nice wildlife people with telescopes. We meandered along, enjoying the scenery and trying to see what the wildlife people were so excited about. We were there for an hour before we got to the lighthouse, a very happy hour.

I'd been trying to get THE lighthouse picture for days. We'd come to the coast from the south and my poor husband tried his darndest to get to all the lighthouses and take the photo I wanted, but we just hadn't found THE lighthouse, Finally at Cape Meares, we found it.

This whole stop was relaxing a beautiful. Don't miss it!!

1  Thank Jane S
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Beautiful park, very accessible, even with one of us in a wheelchair. Absolutely spectacular views. Thank you for preserving this spot!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Easy walk down to the lighthouse and you can make a loop around the area. Make sure to check out the Octopus Tree!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

It was late afternoon on June 10, 2012, when I arrived at the Cape Meares Lighthouse. A lady in the gift shop directed me to the stairs that would take me up the tower. As I climbed the tower, I encountered a person at the top conducting a tour. He glares at me as if I was a child to be scolded and says: “What do you think you’re doing?” I tell him “I’m here to see the lighthouse.” He says “No, you aren’t.” He offers no explanation and sends me back downstairs. Thinking about it later, I figure it was the last tour of the day, I wasn’t part of the tour, so I didn’t belong. The lady at the desk should have told me as much. Whatever the reason, though, the person in the tower was rude and disrespectful about the whole thing.

If my rating were based on what happened inside the lighthouse, it wouldn’t be good. But, in fairness, the location of the lighthouse perched high above the Oregon coast offers a great view of the coast and the beautiful Pacific. There were well-maintained trails around the property, it was a sunny day and I had wonderful scenery to look at. I didn’t need the lighthouse to appreciate the beauty of the surroundings.

1  Thank rusticpress