“Terribly unhappy”
Review of Pacific Restaurant - CLOSED

Pacific Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We arrived and waited for a hostess. She sat us and we got a chance to look over the menu, which seemed to be like most oregon coast restaurants, a large selection of seafood and a couple of beef selections. I ordered a simple cobb salad and french onion soup. The waitress informed me that there was no blue cheese available for my salad, it was still early in the evening so I was surprised that the one key ingredient for the salad was not available. The salad was okay and something I could of made myself at home. My husband ordered the fish and chips and thought it was fine. He also ordered a pop and I had water. The waitress refilled my husband's pop and never came back to refill my ordinary glass of water. Overpriced and not impressed.

There are newer reviews for Pacific Restaurant

Reviewed December 18, 2011

This restaurant has been through several owners in the past few years. Recently 2 "professional chefs" purchased the restaurant. They partnered to make this one of the finest restaurants on the Northern Oregon Coast. The food at Pacific Restaurant is as good as any you would find in Chicago or New York. They are very proud of the food they prepare, and it shows. If you like Razor Clams and you happen to be fortunate to be there when they are on the menu, you are in luck. Prepare yourself for the best Razor Clams on the West Coast. Prices are reasonable and service is great. Hawaiian fare occassionally shows up on the menu. one owner (Nelia) is Hawaiian, with a fantastic culinary background. The other owner (Phil) is one of my favorite people. He takes his profession as service as a heart attack. Nelia is also a great chef. She makes her "Nelia Burrito' which is great and the fish tacos are fantastic. I can't say enough about this place. Try it and you will like it. They have worked hard to grow the business into a very reputable establishment.

1  Thank Aeroman089
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This restaurant had a mellow atmosphere and amazing Clam Chowder. I am really particular about my clam chowder, having grown up at the coast.. This was probably the best I've ever had. the Rest of the food was mediocre and a bit over priced for the amount of and quality of entrees.. The staff was pretty unprofessional in that they spent alot of time talking about their weekend plans and goings on in front of all the guests. The Service was simply ok. If you're just looking for a hard to find little hole in the wall to warm up with a bowl of chowder, this is the place..

Reviewed September 27, 2011

I have eaten at the Pacific House several times now, and have referred many people to this exceptional place. The food is always fresh, well prepared and artfully presented. It is clearly one of the best restaurants on the coast and perhaps the best value.

It is so popular that service slows occasionally at rush times, as nothing comes from a package or out of the freezer. Everything is prepared fresh, using fresh ingredients. Relax, it is worth the short wait. I respect that this place will not sacrifice quality for speed. But most of the time service is prompt, and it is always friendly.

The fresh fish dishes are always exceptional. This place is a real find and would be successful and popular in any major city in the county.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

If we had known how small the menu was beforehand, we probably wouldn't have gone. However, they were very nice and willing to accommodate our various food allergies by preparing dishes not on the menu. Portions were generous, and the food was delicious. The staff was also very friendly and helpful.