“Exceptional Food On The Coast”
Review of Pacific Restaurant - CLOSED

Pacific Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I have eaten at the Pacific House several times now, and have referred many people to this exceptional place. The food is always fresh, well prepared and artfully presented. It is clearly one of the best restaurants on the coast and perhaps the best value.

It is so popular that service slows occasionally at rush times, as nothing comes from a package or out of the freezer. Everything is prepared fresh, using fresh ingredients. Relax, it is worth the short wait. I respect that this place will not sacrifice quality for speed. But most of the time service is prompt, and it is always friendly.

The fresh fish dishes are always exceptional. This place is a real find and would be successful and popular in any major city in the county.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

If we had known how small the menu was beforehand, we probably wouldn't have gone. However, they were very nice and willing to accommodate our various food allergies by preparing dishes not on the menu. Portions were generous, and the food was delicious. The staff was also very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I had read the reviews before our trip, and had taken note that people really liked this little restaurant. When we pulled up to the parking lot in front my husband said "really?"
I told him that they had great reviews, and the reviews were correct. The fish tacos were to die for! It's a little hole in the wall place, but the food is great!

2  Thank TwoCairns17
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My boyfriend and I went to the coast with his family for our summer vacation. We needed a night out to ourselves and we heard great things about Pacific House so we chose it as our date night destination.

The evening started out fine, our waitress took our drink order and we were promptly served. Try the sunrise screwdriver, oh my it was heavenly! After that, everything went downhill. We asked about a special on their website and found out it was from a really old menu so don't trust their website to be up to date. My boyfriend ordered the new york steak and I got their version of fish and chips with clam chowder. The food was absolutely to die for, everything was perfectly cooked and scrumptious. The downside was it took almost 30 minutes for our dinner to be served. The restaurant wasn't terribly busy when we arrived but it slowly filled up after our order was taken. With that said, we saw people who ordered way after us be served before us which I thought to be odd (my boyfriend and I have worked retail and food service and understand that's a huge no-no.) During that time, no one stopped by to ask if we needed new drinks (which we did) or check on how the food was. When we finished eating, we sat another 20 minutes waiting for someone to take our plates and ask if we wanted dessert.

I made the mistake of ordering dessert. It took 10-15 minutes for one dish of ice cream with berries to be served! When the waitress presented our bill, she apologized for the slow service and that two other servers called in. I would have been more understanding if we hadn't observed another waitress sitting with her boyfriend at the bar talking instead of waiting on tables ( a couple groups left because of the slow service.) There were no offers to comp any of our drinks or dessert.

We were so fed up by then that we just paid the tab (no tip) and left. Like the title says, the food was amazing but service brought the whole experience down.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is a nice, average quality seafood restaurant; the service was friendly, but the portions were small and the food was not inspiring. I don't know that there was any other restaurant in town that we should have tried as most of the other restaurants seemed to be low level chains.