“Nice for Tillamook”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Pacific Restaurant - CLOSED

Pacific Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Temple Terrace, Florida
“Nice for Tillamook”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is a nice, average quality seafood restaurant; the service was friendly, but the portions were small and the food was not inspiring. I don't know that there was any other restaurant in town that we should have tried as most of the other restaurants seemed to be low level chains.

• Visited July 2011

Greenville, Texas
“It's Worth Trying to Find The Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

We had the lunch special which was a cup of clam chowder (one of the best I have ever had), beer battered fries (WOW! GREAT!), 1/2 BLT (would have been better with mayo instead of guac/aoli, but still good). I cannot believe I am going to rave about fried potatoes, but these were outstanding! They were so good that when I went to the ladies room, my husband finished off the fries left on my plate.

The restaurant was really hard to find. It is on First Street (North side), next to a motel, and almost on the corner of US101. The sign is really small. If you want really good food, persist till you find it. You will be glad you did.

The service was a little iffy, but polie. The young man is a student with a full load, full time job and a volunteer fireman so just handle it - the food is so good, you will still enjoy your lunch or dinner.

• Visited August 2011
Sarasota, Florida
“What a disappointment!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Based on my reading of Trip Advisor reviews we stopped at the Pacific House on our drive through Tillamook. We asked the waitress about the most popular dishes on the menu and based on her input, we ordered several of those items. We were so disappointed when the dishes arrived. The fish and chips--consisted of a meager portion of fish and very greasy fries, the clam chowder had hardly a clam to be found and was mostly cream and potatoes. We honestly don't know why others rated the place so highly. We wouldn't go back again based on our experience.

brush prairie WA
“An unexpected delight!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

I am a contract worker and stay in TIllamook for extended periods of time. I visit the Pacific House almost nightly for my dinner. I have yet to be disappointed. The fish is fresh and the dishes are prepared with imagination. My favorites so far include the fish tacos and the seafood linguine. My husband had the seafood burrito and said it was excellent. The beef dishes I saw other patrons enjoying looked delicious as well. I have a personal goal to try every item on the menu before my contract work is up.

As others on the site have stated, service can be a bit slow. I believe that is because it is a
family restaurant and also the tables get packed very quickly. Go early if this is an issue. I prefer leisurely service myself, especially when the food is to be savored instead of gobbled.

The owners seem to be very nice people. My only fear is they will wise up and realize they could make a go of it in any large city and split from Tillamook. Until then, I can be found nightly experiencing the culinary delights the Pacific House has to offer.

• Visited July 2011
Greenville, South Carolina
“Good luck with this one”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

Slooooooow service seemed under staffed, My mom got a blt sandwich and could hardly find the tomato. They did have the greatest tomato basil soup, but be prepared to wait.
I would not go back