“Great Value”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
Reviewed April 25, 2010

The Rooms were clean. Beds were pretty comfortable. They had a small kitchenette with sink, electric stove, fridge, and microwave. 2 seat Dinette. The rooms are looking aged and bit worn but were clean and quiet. Shilo had a pool, spa and fitness center. No continental breakfast, they would like you to dine in the resturant.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed April 3, 2010

This is an adequate hotel with friendly and efficient staff and a decent restaurant for breakfast. Our room was clean and comfortable - until bedtime. Then we discovered that the wall-mounted heating unit rattled and roared like a lawnmower, making sleep impossible. Figuring a room change that late wasn't worth the hassle, we turned the unit off and risked freezing in the dark. The experience leads me to wonder how often management turns on these units to see how they actually perform.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2010

I had a great stay at Shilo Inn at Tillamook, I needed help to stay one more night and the front office gave that help.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Wonderful treatment , Awesome room Wonderful view of oean , Not overly expencive , Awesome resturant, Quite just wonderful stay!!!!!!!

Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2010

My wife and I stayed two nights, along with our dog. Overall, I recommend with caveats.The room was alright for the price. Have to watch the coffee mugs though- they seal the tops with clear saran wrap. Made a bit of a mess trying to pour coffee while half asleep. Hotel is pet friendly for a fee, which is good. However the hotel grounds are not pet friendly. Had one employee yell at us for dog being on the grass. There are signs every 20 feet to keep pets off everywhere but sidewalk and parking lot. Oh, we did find a 10x10 'pet walk' back in a corner. It was a literal mud hole and had about three inches of standing water while we were there. Ended up taking the dog to a field across the highway. The attached restaurant is roughly equal to Denny's with slightly higher prices. Wait staff was friendly but service was slow even with almost no one in the restaurant. Only other concern is that the exterior hallway door had no lock. And I noticed a homeless guy sleeping in a shed across the street while I was out with the dog.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2010

We travel to Tillamook from Seattle several times a year. We have stayed at the Shilo exclusively for the last several years. We stayed at the BW once, and it was new then, We inquired about rates with them the next year and they booked the room without my permission and charged my account as a "NO SHOW"!!!! The Shilo was built in the mid 80's and I agree is due for a remodel. Shilo Inns are in the process of doing exactly that throughout their properties. I like having an on-site restarauant so that I do not have to drive again when I am tired, just to go and eat. I was personally greeted by the Hotel Manager and told that My room was ready. The Tillamook Shilo staff is always attentive to our needs and we are treated like family there. Not the newest hotel in Tillamook, Just the second newest. Any BW is always kind of a hit or miss affair. Some are great, some are some really old,weird kind of places. Shilo Inns are a Family run company, and they really take pride in what they do. I reccomend any Shilo run restarauant for their Holiday buffets! Their corparate Chef is very good, and they always put on one of the finest displays you will ever see for the price. We always feel pampered at the Tillamook Shilo (I have never seen a spider inside the building, You can however,smell cows from time to time OUTSIDE!) Cows are one the smells of MONEY:) In Tillamook!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2009

This was the first time to the Oregon Coast for my family (my wife and I and our two daughter aged 5.5 and 1.5). We wanted to find something that was bit central as we wanted to see as much of the northern coast as possible, I can say thay I was disappointed when we checked in as I realized how budget this hotel was, but quickly reminded myself that I shouldn't have expected as much with the deal we found. You pay for what you get. The hotel is a bit old and rundown but once we settled in it wasn't too bad. We made the most of it. And plus we were typically out for most of the day and would get back later in the evening. The pool was decent which my older daugter enjoyed everyday (the pool was open late too). We ate in the restaurant once, which was pretty good. It was convenient to have a Fred Meyer accross the street as we got our snacks and breakfast stuff (ie cereals and milk, etc) there for the week. All in all it wasn't too bad but not sure I would stay there again. I would also probably hesitate to recommend to a friend unless they were really looking at saving money and okay with a budget hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillamook
The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
#2 of 3 in Tillamook
Harborview Inn & RV Park
Harborview Inn & RV Park
#1 of 3 in Garibaldi

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook? Share your experiences!