“Nice People, Nice Place”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Mary, Todd and Tracy the front desk staff of Shilo Inn Suites in Tillamook represent the nicest of the wonderful people in the hospitality industry. After spending several hours trying to cancel the last night of our stay at the inn because of a family situation that needed attention at home, I got nowhere with the online booking institution. Mary, Tracy and Todd helped me to cancel the last night of our stay and got it refunded to my credit card. This was truly a blessing.

As for the property, it us on the outskirts of the town, very conveniently located to the major tourist attractions in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear MaryS.,
My staff and I were happy that we could help you. I hope that you had a safe trip home and we look forward to your next stay with us. Sincerely, Tracy W. General Manager

There are newer reviews for Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I'm a member of a number of hotels but not the Shilo group. It has been years since I stayed in one of their properties. I didn't realize what I was missing. The rooms were large and very comfortable. We were near the back of the hotel so it was very quiet.

For convenience, we were only a couple of blocks from the Tillamook factory and right across the street from Fred Meyer where we could replenish our supplies.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear 75Montana,
It is always a good time for us when we have guests come back to Shilo Inns, even if it is at a different property. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future. Sincerely, Tracy W. General Manager

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Went here for the weekend recently and found the hotel to have friendly staff, clean rooms and a surprise continental breakfast that was not the typical pastries and juice. They had eggs, potatoes, oatmeal, cold cereal, bagels and some muffins. Plenty of coffee, tea and juices too. I had not expected too much from this place but had a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: Rooms near the back of the property are quieter.

Dear Sunaloha:
Many people like a good breakfast in the morning and we try to provide something for everyone. Thank you for letting us know about your stay and we hope to see you in the future. Sincerely, Tracy W. General Manager

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend. We have family in Rockaway and just needed somewhere to sleep as most of our time was spent in Roxkaway. Check in was fine, Mary checked us in and was nice, we dropped off our bags and were on our way again. We came back late that night and left around 11 saturday morning for the day. There was sand behind the toilet.. we hadnt even been down to the beach. at this point i should have complained, but i didnt. (stupid me) We figured our sheets would have been changed as we were told this was the policy,and did not put the 'do not disturb' sign up. we came back saturday night, to a made bed, but the sheets were not changed. not a huge deal, but again we were told the sheets are changed daily so they should have been changed. He called the front desk asking them about the sheets and they told him they are changed every other night when people are staying more than one night. That was annoying more than anything... someone obviously doesnt know what they are talking about.. I turned on the lamps and noticed DOG hair on the lamp base. i love dogs, but i dont have a dog and therefor do NOT want dog hair around me. gross. I wanted to say something, but my husband said at this point there was no point, but that we would say something on our way out. the next morning as i was getting ready to take a shower i notice blonde PUBIC HAIR all behind the toilet!!!! my hair is BLACK, and my husbands hair is dark! again there was nothing that could be done now as we were getting ready to check out. we went to check out and i stayed in the car with the kids. My husband is in there for awhile, he comes out saying that the are charging us for a rollaway bed. we were NOT told there was a $15 charge for one. If we knew there was a charge for this, i wouldnt have got the rollaway bed to begin with! PLUS there was not just one but 2 random charges for $69 each that they couldnt tell us what they were from. First they said they were from the restaurant, but the restuarant manager Kathy (who was very nice!) said that there were NO charges and that it needed to be removed. This could only be done by a manager who was NOT there and who WOULDNT answer her phone when her employees were trying to call her. They called her twice and then called the manager in Tillamook who was nice and said that he could remove the rollaway bed fees, but the other charges had to be done by the manager there. The two girls at the front desk were very helpful and called the manager again who is not good for ANYTHING!! she finally decided to answer her phone and says that she will only ok them to void $25!! NO! THIS IS NOT GOING TO FLY! after spending an HOUR with MY kids sitting in the damn car because someone there doesnt know what they are doing. I am told that they can only take $25 off?!?! for charged they cant tell me what they are and why? I had to cancel my card in hopes that when they tried to run my card, it wouldnt go through (if this works, i dont know)
there needs to be a manager there at all times, but not the manager Tracy! she is obviously too lazy to handle any issues that come up- not a good quality for a manager!
I should have raised hell about the sand, dog hair and the PUBIC hair, but i can be soft spoken at times, but i am not going to be quiet and soft spoken about this issue any longer!!!!!
I will be contacting the corporate office today!

Room Tip: no room!!!!! go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear EricaT,
My sincere apologies for the difficulties you encountered during your stay with us. Your concerns are being addressed at the highest levels with our company. Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns about your stay so that they can be fixed. Again, you have my apology for a difficult time. Sincerely, Tracy W. General Manager

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We couldn't find anything closer to the Rockaway Beach Pirate Festival so we stayed here, about 20 minutes away. The room was way bigger than I expected and the Pool, while shalow (5 feet) and short, easily accommodates a Mermaid and her tail as well as several other swimmers. The hot tub at first looked like a hole in the ground but proved to be larger than I saw and seated 5 or more easily.
For weary HWY 101 travelers, Pirates and Mermaids I recommend this location, it's also a bridge away from the Tillamook Creamery.
The free Continental Breakfast gets very crowded by 9AM, so get there fast to find a seat, but the food is great.

Room Tip: The ANNEX building is ADA compliant. We stayed in 155
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Pirates and Mermaids,
We always look forward to sing our pirates and mermaids when they check in. I am glad you stayed with us and hope we can see you again next year. Sincerely, Tracy Woodley, General Manager

Reviewed June 27, 2014

this place has a lot of rooms and it was sold out the night we stayed. Glad we made reservations ahead of time. It is probably the best place in town. Continental breakfast was offered and you could also upgrade in the restaurant to a full breakfast.

1  Thank Jo T

Dear JoT,
We think we are the best place to stay. Our complimentary breakfast offers a variety of items for our guest except for breakfast meat. We do offer biscuits and sausage gravy. One of the most popular items we serve. We look forward to your next stay with us. Sincerely, Tracy Woodley, General Manager

Reviewed June 18, 2014

If you are looking for large, comfortable and affordable rooms this is the place. Free beer/wine ticket with checkin, basic breakfast in the morning. Gas station, mini mart and laundry on premises. Close to everything, Mary Todd at the front desk was very friendly and gave a great restaurant recommendation.

1  Thank Bryant C
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Bryant C,
Thank you for the kind review regarding your stay at the Tillamook Shilo Inn. Todd and Mary are a great team on the front desk and we appreciate the time you took to let us know about your stay.
Sincerely, Tracy Woodley General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillamook
The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
#2 of 3 in Tillamook
Harborview Inn & RV Park
Harborview Inn & RV Park
#1 of 3 in Garibaldi

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook? Share your experiences!