“Repeat visit”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Another good stay at the Shilo Inn in Tillamook!! Rooms are good and the Pool and Hot Tub are very good. My Grandson and I took advantage of the specials offered by the Restaurant and the complimentary breakfasts. Stayed two days and enjoyed it all!.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Robert S,

We were glad to hear about your positive return visit. Many people like our indoor pool and hot tub, and we have been adding some options to the continental breakfast. Please stop by and say hello next time you are in Tillamook.

There are newer reviews for Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Front desk very pleasant- rooms clean and large!
Pool was inside but ice cold- guess not heated-
Free breakfast & wi-fi
They give retired veterans a break so good discount for vets! Thanks!!! Great happy hour and bar snacks!

• Stayed: May 2013
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear dwright438,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. Was glad to hear you enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel. Our pool is normally heated. The Friday you stayed it had just been drained and refilled, hence the cold water. That is not the norm and it is at full temperature now. Hopefully you will get a chance to return and enjoy that also.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Shilo Inn in Tillamook is a dated, older place to stay but is in a great location to amenities such as Fred Meyer, the Tillamook Creamery and all points downtown. Check-in was easy, we were offered a downstairs room without a reservation and were swiftly comfortably in our room. The room was well-appointed, clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. I've read other reviews where folks were disappointed with this hotel but that was definitely not our experience. I would stay here as often as I have opportunity to visit Tillamook.

Room Tip: The rooms at the rear of the property appear to have been updated and they are quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear camodoc9,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Tillamook Shilo Inn. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you next time you return to Tillamook.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Staff at check in wasn´t too friendly but helpful none the less. We had a single room with a kingsize bed, the room was of generous size. It had a large bathroom and an additional sink and fridge in the bedroom. Everything was satisfyingly clean.
Bed had the standard thin blanket, at $ 98 per night I´d like to see something better these days. The TV was old, too. The radio alarm clock must have been there ever since the place opened. The walls showed some wear.
Breakfast was very average, considering the price of the place. All prepacked food and cereal, no TV or radio in the room which made for an awkward silence.

We just rolled in there to sleep and that worked out well. I would still like to have a better value at $ 98 per night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear AlexanderJ,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Tillamook Shilo Inn. I am glad you found the room satisfyingly clean if dated. I will pass on your concerns about a TV or radio in the breakfast room. I have spoken to the desk staff about your comment regarding friendliness during check in.

David Sutton

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is an ugly hotel. When I go back to this coastal city again, I would just book somewhere in seaside area, but definitely I won't go back in this hotel ever. The staff are not friendly at all here. They look very unhappy people. I pity them. Maybe there is a reason for their being not courteous, but whatever that is, I will not put up with this ugly hotel and unhappy staff.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Allan B
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Allanb,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our Shilo Inn. I see that the same person checked you in and out and I will share your review with her. There is never a reason for being discourteous and I apologize that that was your experience. We will use your review to counsel and train the desk.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The rooms are large and comfortable, however the furniture and carpets are showing considerable wear. The TV is dark and difficult to watch, with poor picture quality. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I did not use the pool, but it looked clean and inviting. I was disappointed in the breakfast. I had stayed at this hotel a few years back when on business. Last trip I enjoyed a restaurant cook-to-order breakfast. I must admit, this is what brought me back to this hotel this time. Unfortunately, breakfast has deteriorated into cold cereal and microwave mini-mart food. Pretty disgusting. Next trip to Tillamook, I will book into a different hotel and plan on eating breakfast in a local restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2013

After reading some of the mixed reviews on this hotel, I have to comment! We stayed here last night and for the price, this place is great! Our room is spacious and clean, and came with a real kitchenette - electric range, pots and pans, dishes, microwave. The pool, spa, and sauna are open at all hours, which happens to be very handy for my water-happy family. There is also a complete room for cleaning and storing fish - we weren't here for that reason, but what a nice thing to know is here! We plan to come back and use it. The breakfast layout was fresh and well-tended. They had your typical chain hotel breakfast, plus some hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, healthy cereals, and breakfast burritos that could be heated up. I don't understand why other people complained about this - if you want something fancy, stay at a fancy hotel, and pay for a full, hot breakfast. This is exactly what it advertises to be, and the personnel were fantastic. I needed some extra towels last night and they were delivered in less than 2 minutes - thank you, Shilo! We plan on returning here when we take our next visit to the coast.

Room Tip: I would ask to stay away from the pool area - it is a tad noisy with all the kids
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Elizabeth R

Thank you so much for your kind review. We always appreciate when someone takes the time to share their experience. That fish room you mention got lots of use this week with a fishing tournament here last week. It is a very handy amenity for fishermen. It sounds like you got to enjoy most of the other amenities while you were here though. Let us know when you want to come back and we’ll set up a room for you. Again, thank you for your review.

Dave Sutton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillamook
The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
#2 of 3 in Tillamook
Harborview Inn & RV Park
Harborview Inn & RV Park
#1 of 3 in Garibaldi

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook? Share your experiences!