“OK hotel, but old” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
Tucson
“OK hotel, but old”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Staff was very friendly. Otherwise, this hotel is acceptable, but furniture, carpeting, etc, are simply old and outdated. Continental breakfast was ok, but very minimal.

One should be able to find a better value for the money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

The rooms were clean and spacious but dated. It was cheaper than staying over at Cannon Beach, Manzanita, or Seaside. It seems that other people did not have as great of a stay as I had. I had a fairly decent stay. The funny thing was that I was told by the front desk my room overlooked the river. When I got to my room, the view was blocked by some trees but if I strained just a little to the left, I would see the river.

Room Tip: I'm a light sleeper so I asked for the quietest location and it seems that the rooms facing the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Older hotel with some updating but the tv's were square old Phillips brand tv's with no dvd player. The bed was soft but sleepable. You get a free glass of house wine or tap beer, which was nice. The chowder was really delicious. The pool and hour tub were open almost 24 hours with the exception between 12-1 pm for cleaning. Nice size pool.

The only bad part, which isn't really the hotel's fault, is the smell of cow dung in the air...it was extremely strong in the entire area though.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear sherrimayhew,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I have to agree the smell from the cows was unusually bad last weekend. This is a problem all the motels in Tillamook have to deal with. As soon as they stop spraying, we open up all doors to air out the building, but during the spraying there is not much that will take care of it. Glad to hear you were able to enjoy many of our amenities. As for the cigarette smoke, if you come back please let me know personally and I will get you a room in the other part of the building. While all our rooms are non-smoking, your room was immediately next to the door where many people go outside to smoke.

Forks, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed two nights, if we weren't afraid we would be unable to find a vacancy elsewhere, we would have left after the first night. Extremely over-priced, paid $150.00 per night, for the supposed best room, it was an $80.00 room at best. Check in staff seemed uninterested and on auto-pilot. It is a two story hotel without an elevator. Outdated decor, creaky, sqeaky, uncomfortable bed and really lumpy pillows. Rough, scratchy towels and sheets. Mirror was so dirty above the wet bar, you could write your name in the dust, it was the same way after housekeeping came after our first night, Crusty substance on the vanity area counter in several spots, same thing, it was there when we checked in and still there after housekeeping came. Bed side lamps didn't work, figured out that they were unplugged. Drill holes in both bedside tables, must have been something mounted to them at one time, wrinkled carpet, and a poor repair on the bathroom door. There was something wrong with the wet bar sink, when you turned it on it was just a trickle of water, if you turned it up, you ended up drenched along with the counters and mirror.Continental breakfast was very limited, we didn't even bother once we saw it. All in all, not a good experience. Most of these issues I could have overlooked, if it weren't for the high price. I have stayed at Shilo Inns in several other locations and always had good luck, but after this stay I doubt I will stay with them again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Ginger S,

Please accept my apologies for the room not being up to expectations. I have shared your review with the head housekeeper and we are using it to address deficiencies. I trust that if you were to return you would find a better experience. In fact, if you would call ahead and ask for me I would make sure that your room was in excellent condition. Also you will find our rates in the off season to be lower than they were when you stayed on Labor Day weekend. Again thank you for taking the time to review and hope you will call me and let me know if you come again.

Dave Sutton

Travelers are raving about these Tillamook hotels

Happy Valley, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We recently stayed at the Shilo Tillamook and were greeted by a very angry looking woman. She was busy reading a book and looked put off to help us, however she did check us in very efficiently. The rooms were spacious and clean but the beds were very uncomfortable including flimsy pillows.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Teri S,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of Tillamook Shilo. I apologize that you were not greeted in the friendly manner that you deserved. I have spoken to the clerk about this incident and reinforced with her that the only reason we are here is to provide a service for you while you are traveling. There is no reason for us not to be friendly with all our guests. This is something we have been working on and will continue to work on. As for books at the front desk, we have told everyone on the desk that this is unacceptable.

I am happy to hear you found our rooms clean and spacious. We just received a shipment of new pillows last week so that should be taken care of. If you would not mind contacting me to let me know what room you were in I would like to check the bed in that room to see if it is time to replace. We got all new pillowtop beds about 3-4 years ago and most of them are still in very good shape. This particular one may be nearing a place where it needs replaced again.

Thank you again for letting us know about your experience. It is a good way to see where we have room to improve.

Earth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Never get Shilo Inn vouchers even if you get them for free.
Here is why:
I got a "deal" from Portland Perks, $90 for $250 Shilo Inn vouchers two months ago. I booked a room in Shilo Inn Tillamook for today(Not to mention since I had the voucher I couldn't use their website rate of $80/night and had to book for $140/night). When my family was ready to leave(my children were so excited and already packed their swim suit and everything), I noticed I can't find the vouchers, but thought it should be OK as I have already given the voucher no. to shilo reservation line! But no! after spending the whole morning on the phone with Shilo reservation talking to four people, their manager confirmed that Shilo can't do anything and I have to contact Perks and they dont' even know how Portland Perks have purchased it to sell it to customers! Very convenient...
My lesson: Never buy any Shilo Inn deal!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank EarthTraveller_10
Shilo I, Corporate Marketing Director at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Earth Traveller_10,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by your purchase of Shilo Scrip from Portland Perks.
You are correct in your comments that Shilo Inns does not have an association or business relationship with Portland Perks and did not make available our Shilo scrip for sale. Shilo Scrip is issued to approved vendors & clients for their intended use. This is not something we pass out or sell to our guests, ever. Although we discourage the transfer of Shilo scrip to anyone other than our intended client, unfortunately we have been made aware that it has occurred. When Shilo Scrip is used by our vendors, it must be present at the time of checkin. Our Shilo Inn gift cards, purchased through Shilo Inns are transferable and can easily be electronically tracked or changes made as needed. If you are to find the Shilo Scrip that you purchased from Portland Perks, we would be happy to honor it.

Adam Cornett
Corporate Marketing Director
Shilo Inns
Hoquiam, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Aug. 1, 2012

Maintenance was very kind to get ear ring out of sink drain.
Front desk gave us small discount when we complained of aunts in our room on coffee counter
Bed sheets were on very sloppy on one bed. One pillow was rolled up and stuffed in case, case had 6 inch tear in case, Second pillow had no case, Breakfast bar was minimal very few choices, Check in person was competent but lacked charm and was not personable

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillamook
The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
#1 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Western Royal Inn
Western Royal Inn
#2 of 3 in Tillamook

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook? Share your experiences!