“Shilo Inn Vouchers, Never ever get them!”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
Earth
“Shilo Inn Vouchers, Never ever get them!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Never get Shilo Inn vouchers even if you get them for free.
Here is why:
I got a "deal" from Portland Perks, $90 for $250 Shilo Inn vouchers two months ago. I booked a room in Shilo Inn Tillamook for today(Not to mention since I had the voucher I couldn't use their website rate of $80/night and had to book for $140/night). When my family was ready to leave(my children were so excited and already packed their swim suit and everything), I noticed I can't find the vouchers, but thought it should be OK as I have already given the voucher no. to shilo reservation line! But no! after spending the whole morning on the phone with Shilo reservation talking to four people, their manager confirmed that Shilo can't do anything and I have to contact Perks and they dont' even know how Portland Perks have purchased it to sell it to customers! Very convenient...
My lesson: Never buy any Shilo Inn deal!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank EarthTraveller_10
Shilo I, Corporate Marketing Director at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Earth Traveller_10,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by your purchase of Shilo Scrip from Portland Perks.
You are correct in your comments that Shilo Inns does not have an association or business relationship with Portland Perks and did not make available our Shilo scrip for sale. Shilo Scrip is issued to approved vendors & clients for their intended use. This is not something we pass out or sell to our guests, ever. Although we discourage the transfer of Shilo scrip to anyone other than our intended client, unfortunately we have been made aware that it has occurred. When Shilo Scrip is used by our vendors, it must be present at the time of checkin. Our Shilo Inn gift cards, purchased through Shilo Inns are transferable and can easily be electronically tracked or changes made as needed. If you are to find the Shilo Scrip that you purchased from Portland Perks, we would be happy to honor it.

Adam Cornett
Corporate Marketing Director
Shilo Inns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Hoquiam, Washington
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Aug. 1, 2012

Maintenance was very kind to get ear ring out of sink drain.
Front desk gave us small discount when we complained of aunts in our room on coffee counter
Bed sheets were on very sloppy on one bed. One pillow was rolled up and stuffed in case, case had 6 inch tear in case, Second pillow had no case, Breakfast bar was minimal very few choices, Check in person was competent but lacked charm and was not personable

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Front desk personnel was friendly and helpful. The room was standard, clean, and had lots of counter space. I really hated the smell of the handsoap, but that is just a personal thing. We didn't take advantage of the continental breakfast or the restaurant at all. It looked like it would be just okay. There was a microwave, fridge, and bar sink so we got some groceries (big Fred Myer across the street) and ate in the room at the table. The shower had a crazy good water pressure--definitely not a low stream shower head! I could hear water being used at all hours, but it was like loud white noise. My kids loved the pool. Always a plus. Overall I felt it was slightly overpriced, but it at least met my expectations.

• Stayed August 2012
Edmonton
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stated at this hotel while visiting Tillamook to tour the Aviation Museum. The hotel was very clean, comfortable and our room at the back of the hotel was quiet. The room was very spacious with a king bed, flat screen TV, two person couch, table with two upholstered chairs, a coffe maker, fridge and a microwave. The hotel features a steam room, swimming pool, hot tub and exercise room which are available on a 24 hour basis, a restaurant and bar. We did not use any amenities other than the bar and breakfast room. The room came with two coupons for beverages at the bar and a continental breakfast. We were not impressed with the breakfast burritos and did not find other breakfast items to really suit our tastes. The location is also close to the Tillamook cheese factory which is an interesting self guided tour and an opportunity to enjoy some ice cream, or some of their excellent cheese.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in the wing on the east side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Jaayman,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I’m sorry you didn’t get the chance to enjoy all our amenities. I hope you were here at the same time as the fly in at the aviation museum. That was really fun. And you are right about the cheese and ice cream at the cheese factory. Always very good. You didn’t mention if you had a chance to enjoy the complimentary drink or discount on dinner. I hope you did.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Nice clean room. Breakfast was disappointing as the only hot eggs were in packaged breakfast burritos that were not vegetarian friendly. Two floors, no elevator. Quiet even though next to a busy road. Cheese factory worth the visit. Fred Meyer's across the road. Careful of the weird design of the steps in the hot tub. Husband cut his toe and the odd stairs. Hot tub was hot. Bit pricey.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cathy B,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Shilo. It is always nice to hear the rooms described as quiet and clean. I am sorry to hear your husband cut his toe on the hot tub stairs, I will look into that. I hope it is better. I have forwarded your concerns regarding the breakfast to the person who makes those decisions.

Springfield
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We enjoyed the steam room and pool area as it was mid-week and we had the place to ourselves. The exercise equipment was a disappointment as most of it was broken and not usable. We had great, friendly service at the attached restaurant both for a late-night dinner and the extensive continental breakfast but hotel staff was not very friendly. If you add up the amenities, free drink & 10% at the restaurant and breakfast, it's a pretty good deal.

Room Tip: The farther from HWY 101, the better.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Tiffany H,

Thank you for submitting your recent review of Shilo Inn Tillamook. I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy most of our amenities. I apologize that you were unable to use the exercise equipment. You must have stayed a few weeks ago. We recently repaired the exercise bike and replaced the frayed cable on the weight machine. All exercise equipment is currently fully functional. It is of great concern to me that the staff was not friendly. We have made some changes recently that I hope takes care of that problem, but would welcome a call from you so you could give me details. If further changes are needed I want to fix it before it becomes a greater problem. Again, thank you for taking the time out to review and we hope to see you again.

General manager
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The hotel was very clean. The pool was small and occupied by many small children, so not really usable by us. OUr room was right above the pool however, and we couldn't hear all the noise. It was nice that the hotel had a gas station and convenience store attached to it. The breakfast was alright, although it looks like they just pulled microwavable burritos out of the gas station for people to heat up. Is very close to the Tillamook cheese factory and has a Fred Myers right across the street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillamook
The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
#1 of 3 in Garibaldi
Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel
Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel
#3 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook? Share your experiences!