“Not good as expected from other reviews”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
Reviewed August 6, 2011

The hotel is looking old and overpriced room is not really suite. Just adding a kitchen sink and microwave to a regular room wouldn't make it suite.
The good thing that staff were very friendly.
The worst thing was a restaurant. I read other reviews about cleanliness and the nice atmosphere there but in our experience it was opposite. Dirty tables and walls make it very unpleasant. The waiting time is not acceptable. I have been waiting 1 hour to get my eggs and potato for a breakfast. No toast as toaster was broken and the restaurant "professionals" don't know any other way to toast a bread without a dedicated toaster. My 6 y.o. son makes it perfectly in an oven LOL.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Vick36
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Shilo Inn – Tillamook. I am sorry that your room was not up to expectations. However am very glad to hear staff was very friendly. It is very important to us that we treat people as we would want to be treated.
As for your concerns with the restaurant, I have forwarded your review to our restaurant manager. These reviews, both positive and negative, are one of the best tools we have to improve on our performance. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband, dog, and I stayed here in early August 2011. We got their last room available and it was a "suite". Must've been a joke because it was a basic motel room with a small kitchen sink and two burner stove. The worst thing was the shower head. We travel quite a bit, and I've never stayed anywhere that was well over $100 per night that had such a poor excuse for a showerhead. I'm guessing it was a water conservation head, but it took me about 30 minutes just to get the shampoo out of my hair. This room was extremely overpriced for what you received. And who ever heard of a pet room being on the second floor? Very inconvenient. When I mentioned it to the front desk gal at checkout, she rudely didn't seem to care so I asked for the manager's name. Also, when we had the complimentary breakfast of eggs, toast, and potatoes, we were told the toaster just broke and there wasn't any toast. They should have offered us bread at least, or run across the street to the Fred Meyer store to buy a new one. No compensation or apology was made. I strongly recommend that you look elsewhere for a better lodging value in Tillamook. I know they're out there...gotta be!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ediegretchen

Thank you for relating your experience at the Shilo Inn in Tillamook. It sounds like there was a faulty shower head in that room. Most comments we receive about the water pressure is that it is stronger than most other motels. As for the pet rooms, you are correct that pet rooms are generally on the first floor, as they are here. You state that you got our last available room. It sounds like an exception was made to get you a room rather than turning you away due to no first floor rooms being available for a pet. The front desk person should definitely have responded more positively to your concerns. I apologize for that. We strive to always be helpful.
I am sorry that your restaurant experience was also not up to your expectations. I have forwarded your review to our restaurant manager. We use these review to help us improve in the future.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

My family and I stayed in three seperate rooms...each one was gross. There were spider webs, missing grout in the showers, dirty looking tubs, mold on the faucets, very old looking decor and old squeeky beds. My brother's room had a comforter with a tear in it. The floors were dirty and the rooms smelled so bad! We booked two nights and ended up leaving after the first. It was horrible. Having just come from a nice hotel in Lincoln City, this place was a dump! I don't know who wrote the other reviews, but they are false! This is a very old looking hotel and way over priced for what you get. It should be in the 30-40 dollar range! There were very little choices for places to eat in this town as well.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money.
3  Thank annklly
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. Our goal at Tillamook Shilo Inn has always been to provide a clean, comfortable room with outstanding customer service. I apologize that your stay did not meet our usual standards.
Again, I would like to thank you for your comments. Good or bad, guest feedback is one of the best tools we have to see where we can make improvements. I am confident that if given another chance, we could give you a positive experience.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

I made the reservation the day my husband and I stayed there, so I was expecting a hotel that was just average. Boy was I wrong! When I made the reservation, I told the clerk that we were riding a motorcycle to get there and she thoughtfully asked if I wanted a room where I could see the bike. When we arrived at the hotel at 8:00 pm, the front desk service was exemplary; the staff were very friendly and accommodating describing all the amenities and where they were located. We were both hungry, so our first stop was the restaurant. The service was excellent, the food was superb, and the atmosphere was nice and clean. After having a great dinner (and waiting the requisite 20 minutes), we went to the pool and had a refreshing swim and terrific soak in the hot tub. The pool's temperature was perfect; the hot tub was a little hot for my taste, about 105 degrees, but it all felt grand after having been on the motorcycle for four hours. The pool area looks like it is being remodeled as the walls were just sheet rock with no paint or coverings. The pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, and exercise areas were all open 24 hours, so we could have taken a nap then gone for a swim! Loved that! The room was clean and the bed was ok; I would have liked firmer pillows, but I was only there one night, so it wasn't too bad. The hot water was plentiful and came up with no waiting. The trick to getting the shower turned back to the tub spout was to turn off the shower, then pull out the diverter; worked every time. I would definitely stay here again, voluntarily! Loved every minute of my stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. It sounds like you were able to enjoy many of our amenities and our customer service. You are right about the pool remodel. We are currently in the middle of the process and new tile will be installed shortly on all the bare walls. I’m glad you were able to enjoy our restaurant during your stay. Thanks again for you comments and we look forward to serving you at a future date.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed one night as we were just passing through and wanted to go to the cheese factory. We had two rooms next to each other. The beds were comfortable. The rooms were clean. Sink, small fridge, coffee maker in room were nice features. For the price and location, this was a good choice. Restaurant, gas station and convenience store is part of the complex. We had a discount coupon for dinner and complimentary breakfast coupons for the restaurant. The food was decent. I'd stay here again if traveling through.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

We really appreciate your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed the clean comfortable rooms, and the restaurant for dinner and complimentary hot breakfast. The deli-mart/gas station is an amenity you will not find at most hotels. It’s especially convenient for families who may need last minute items the kids left at home. It’s also great for snacks for growing kids.
Hope to see you again soon at The Shilo Inn Suites Tillamook.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We have stayed at other hotels in Tillamook,and Lots of others around the country. The Tillamook Shilo is always a friendly place to stay. Yes the hotel was built in the mid 1980's and it shows. However the Manager and the Hotel staff are EXCELLENT! These folks really do care about their guests.... The restaraunt is well run,with a very attentive staff. We don't always approve of the menu changes and neither does the management. That is mainly dictated by the Shilo corporate chef in Beaverton. La Mexicana in Tillamook and Alice's Country House east of Tillamook are great places to eat. I agree that the Tillamook Shilo could stand a cash infusion makeover from Shilo Corporate, but it is STILL! a nice,quiet,clean and comfotable place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Spent 6 days touring Oregon in conjunction with a family reunion in Tillamook. Stayed at three different hotels, including two nights at this Shilo Inn. The queem size beds in the Shilo Inn were definitely comparable to our mattress at home. I had no difficulty falling asleep and did not toss or turn at night.

The Shilo Inn also offers a free breakfast (choice of five different breakfasts) at its adjoining restaurant or will give a $3.00 credit off any breakfast on the menu. They also offered a free glass of wine (cabernet or chardonnay) if you eat dinner in the restaurant.

Kids liked the 24-hour pool and hottub. My son appreciated the microwave (there is also a refrigerator) in the room so he could make popcorn.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillamook
The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
#2 of 3 in Tillamook
Harborview Inn & RV Park
Harborview Inn & RV Park
#1 of 3 in Garibaldi

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook? Share your experiences!