Washington Square Hotel - Tigard
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Phoenix Inn Suites(Lake Oswego)
Peppertree Inn(Beaverton)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2006

I recently stayed at this hotel, and I had a great time! The staff was wonderful, always going above and beyond to help with anything we needed. The rooms and the facility was nice and clean. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 7, 2006

We stayed at the Shilo because it was the #1 rated hotel in Tigard. I'm not saying it was horrible, but it is average at best. The carpet was dirty in the room, there was noise in the hallways, and the staff wasn't very attentive (wasn't even at the desk half the time). Parking is little to non-existent, it's like Hemstreet just said "hey, there's a little hole in a corner, let's drop a hotel in there, in the smallest amount of space possible. We didn't use the pool/spa/exercise areas, but they didn't look all that appealing. Continental breakfast was like most. I'm never going to complain about a continental breakfast unless they run out of food, as I don't expect much. They also advertised that they had cribs/playpens available when I booked the room, but they had absolutely none at this particular hotel, and the front desk clerk looked at me like I was speaking Chinese when I asked about one. The nice thing is that there is plenty of dining, gas, and Washington Square Mall nearby. Probably won't stay there again

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank mkerbsbald
Reviewed March 22, 2006

OK...maybe Shilo Inns owner Mark Hemstreet exaggerates a little in his commercials when he refers to Shilo Inns as "affordable excellence." But if you are travelling in the Pacific Northwest, be sure to consider the Shilo Inn chain. It may not be as well known as the national chains, but they are consistently good throughout.

This was my second time at a Shilo Inn after we vacated our apartment and prepared to move to Kansas (we stayed at the former Shilo Inn Resort at Lincoln City on the Oregon coast, which they sold to Chinook Winds Casino in 2004). This particular Shilo Inn shows a little bit of age, and the pale blue exterior may make the hotel feel a little dated, but the rooms are very comfortable.

One review notes that the spa/exercise area seems cramped. I would agree, but the area was well-maintained. Like many other smaller hotel chains trying to keep up with the Joneses (or even some larger hotels), the spa/fitness area may have been shoehorned into former living space.

The hotel is about 1/2 mile from the entrance to Washington Square Mall. Because you'd have to cross on an expressway overpass to get to the mall, don't walk across the bridge at night. Drive there, take a taxi or a bus...don't walk.

If you travel with a pet, here's good news: this Shilo Inn accepts pets. (I believe most Shilo Inns accept pets, but check their website or call the hotel before you make a reservation just to make sure.)

The Shilo Inn at Washington Square Mall may be less plush than the Embassy Suites at the mall, but it's a good value and a clean place to stay. If you are on a budget, look to Shilo Inn as a good place to rest your head for the night.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed December 7, 2005

The pictures on the web showed clean spa and fitness room. We realized they infact were too cramped, untidy and water-clogged to even go anywhere close. The room had a very stuffy and rancid odor about it. The carpets felt sticky. Linen looked worn out and old. We could not wait until we cancelled our next night's reservation and moved out early next morning- didn't care for the breakfast. To our relief, the bathroom was clean.
They had also allowed check-in at 12 noon at no extra charge.

Stayed: December 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 15, 2005

We stayed at this hotel a few months ago to get up to the city for one night. We had stayed at Shilo's before and usually had okay service so we'd thought we'd try this one out. We looked online and lets say the pictures do not show what it looks like. The lobby was nice and clean though cramped with just us and another group that wasn't with us. The front desk staff was nice and we checked in. The room we were given was so so small even for just 2 people. It was nothing as the photo showed. It also smelled of smoke even though it should've been non. Then upon check out we were charged $35 more than the rate we had thought. It was a horrible stay in a cramped smoky room. You are warned. Pay a little more to stay at the Embassey Suites, I will from now on.

1  Thank mgevan