“Birthday Dinner”

Gustav's German Pub & Grill
Ranked #4 of 161 Restaurants in Tigard
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Gustav's is a favorite for casual dining. Serving lunch and dinner, the menu features a savory array of European and Northwest Specialties to suit any taste and appetite.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I went to Gustav's to celebrate my birthday. It was a Sunday night. The superbowl was on. It was not that busy inside the restaurant. I ordered the chicken schnitzel and my husband the weiner schnitzel. We both substituted spätzle noodles for the mashed potatoes.

The waitress was attentive. After taking the drink order she provided warm sour dough rolls for each of us. Our water glasses were refilled without our asking them to be. Later the waitress asked if we would like more rolls. The rolls were hot out of the oven. My husbands weiner schnitzel came with green beans, my chicken schnitzel came with red cabbage. Both the beans and cabbage were delicious.

The price was right, the food and service were good, we would go back.

1  Thank Chelsea51
There are newer reviews for Gustav's German Pub & Grill

Reviewed January 3, 2013

You really can't go wrong eating at Gustav's. Whether it's in the dining room or cozy bar, their food is always wonderful. My boyfriend and I went into the bar for dinner, because they have TV's and he likes to check on various sporting events. Lo and behold, it was Happy Hour and we were both surprised at not only some of the unusual items being offered, but the quantity and the care that went into each. He had the fondue - it was superb. I had the beet salad and lentil soup - both delicious! If you are looking for a warm and inviting place to be with friends or that special someone, this is the place to go. Plus the service here is the best!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Knowing that I had lived and served in German speaking countries off and on for many years, my sister chose this place for our dinner out. We tried several different things, from fondue to cordon bleu, and every one of them was excellent. Likewise the wine and the service. Especially the service. Our server, Carolyn, was helpful, well-informed and attentive. Being a Friday night, the place was busy, but there was space at the bar and a table soon became available. I look forward to visiting Gustav's again on some future visit to Portland. Though we at the Tigard location, I understand that there are at least three other locations in the area.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Started off dinner with a delicious soup "Sauerkraut Bisque" Very creamy, tart, crisp flavor, but not overpowering like you would think with sauerkraut.
The Wiener Schnitzel, was very good, the portions were huge.
We still had room for an outstanding chocolate dessert!!!
Overall experience was great.
The atmosphere was relaxing.
Our server Cameron was awesome, and of course my date was divine!!!
Left my sweater behind, but the amazing staff found it for me.
Thanks guys!!!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Lunch at Gustav's was an enjoyable experience. The jäger schnitzel was just like what I remember from my time in Germany. The menu was loaded with great options and the service was first rate.