“Excellent German Food and Service”

Gustav's German Pub & Grill
Ranked #2 of 182 Restaurants in Tigard
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Gustav's is a favorite for casual dining. Serving lunch and dinner, the menu features a savory array of European and Northwest Specialties to suit any taste and appetite.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Knowing that I had lived and served in German speaking countries off and on for many years, my sister chose this place for our dinner out. We tried several different things, from fondue to cordon bleu, and every one of them was excellent. Likewise the wine and the service. Especially the service. Our server, Carolyn, was helpful, well-informed and attentive. Being a Friday night, the place was busy, but there was space at the bar and a table soon became available. I look forward to visiting Gustav's again on some future visit to Portland. Though we at the Tigard location, I understand that there are at least three other locations in the area.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Started off dinner with a delicious soup "Sauerkraut Bisque" Very creamy, tart, crisp flavor, but not overpowering like you would think with sauerkraut.
The Wiener Schnitzel, was very good, the portions were huge.
We still had room for an outstanding chocolate dessert!!!
Overall experience was great.
The atmosphere was relaxing.
Our server Cameron was awesome, and of course my date was divine!!!
Left my sweater behind, but the amazing staff found it for me.
Thanks guys!!!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Lunch at Gustav's was an enjoyable experience. The jäger schnitzel was just like what I remember from my time in Germany. The menu was loaded with great options and the service was first rate.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

On October 19, 2012 we met a family member here for dinner. Our party of four were seated within minutes of our reservation.

For starters we had a cheese fondue that was kind of small for our party of four people. It was ok but small. Beers were ordered for all of us. Each different beer type was serve in a mug with the logo on it. Two of us ordered the Wiener Schnitzel while the rest had Rheinischer Sauerbraten.

Since I had the Sauerbraten, I'll report on that. It arrived on a cool plate that robbed the meal of its heat–that's the reason for my downgrade of this restaurant. Any hot meal should be served that way–HOT. Otherwise full enjoyment will be less. The Sauerbraten was tasty but cooled off fast. There were about three pieces of meat that was soft and really didn't require a knife to cut it.

My wife ordered the Wiener Schnitzel and reported that it was good but also noted it cooled off fast. A hallmark of an excellent restaurant is a hot meal. Maybe the owners will read this and adjust their serving method?

Reviewed September 4, 2012

the vancouver restaurant has a cooler theming but the restaurant was good. It had real fantastic german food, and great service. Also keep in mind we ate here at about 4:00 so it was early. Would highly recommend to eat here!