“Great food!”

Buster's Texas-Style Barbecue
Ranked #10 of 172 Restaurants in Tigard
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Family owned and operated and darn proud to bring Oregon authentic Texas-style barbecue. Since 1982 we've been serving up meats so tender and tasty they'll bring out the Texan in you! And no wonder. Our 12 hour cooking process is done over a low smoke-filled wood fire because it's the only way to ensure you the "real deal". People just love our tasty and tender beef brisket, ribs, pork loin, pulled pork, ham, links, turkey breast, chicken, sides and fixins.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I went here for the first time with my husband because he raves about how good everything there is. We are from out of town and don't have one in our town so when we went to Portland we HAD to make the trip to Busters. I had the Lite Brisket, smaller portion of regular brisket my husband had. It was perfect! I had the mac and cheese, that was very good too. I love the way you go through the line and pick what you want with your meal. The sauces are the best, I love the chipotle. Great food, def will be back!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Hubby and I decided to try this while we were visiting relatives in Beaverton. We love BBQ and normally will find places wherever we go. We were a little disappointed that it was more like a fast food restaurant. My brisket sandwich was good but hubby said his sliced pork sandwich was tasteless. Sauces were good and so was the cole slaw. The portion sizes were better than average.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I grew up in Texas and LOVE smokey, fall off the bone brisket cooked with mesquite wood. I have yet to find a stellar BBQ place in Oregon that is as good as Texas, but Buster's has been the closest thus far. I gave it a 4 but I'd rather it be a 3.5 in comparison to what I am used to in Texas but as for Oregon taste--it's a 4. :) My husband and I had the brisket, spicy sausage, pork ribs, potato salad, pinto beans and baked beans. The brisket was so-so(nothing to jump up and down about but not bad either). I really enjoyed the spicy sausage and my husband seemed to like the ribs. I haven't had the smokey flavoring in BBQ since I've been in Oregon so that was very nice to enjoy that again. They don't use mesquite wood which is my favorite but the woods that used were decent. (I think it was hickory, apple and ??)
The side dishes were decent. Both types of beans had good flavoring and spices to them. I preferred the pinto beans over the baked. The potato salad was good but nothing too exciting. The staff was nice, friendly and the restaurant was clean. We got there right when they opened at 11 and the place head a steady stream of people coming in while we were there.
There were a lot of flavors to the food that are used in Texas so that was nice to enjoy those again. Smokiness, spice, pepper, etc. They had 4 different BBQ sauces and our faves were the hot and sweet sauces.
On a scaled of 1-10 compared to Texas we rated it a 6-7. It was for sure the best BBQ we have had in Oregon but not mouth watering, you would kill for it type of BBQ like in Texas. haha.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The wife insisted that we stop and try Buster's on the way back from a trip to Salem, so we dropped in for some brisket.
The staff was quite friendly, and quickly and efficiently got us taken care of and through the line.
They were out of French fries, and would bring them to us later.
Regrettably, the BBQ was lacking: Although we both had generous portions of brisket, it was tough as shoe leather and typically bland as is most Pacific North West BBQ.
The wife is from Texas, so she KNOWS real BBQ, and this falls very short of the mark.
We think that the problem was that the brisket was cooked lean. The ideal way to do brisket is to cook it with the fat on, which seals in the flavor and makes it tender. After it's cooked, you trim off the fat.
The sides were qood: The wife liked the potato salad, which was done with mustard in genuine Texas style. I had French fries and cole slaw. The fries were brought to me hot, and had the perfect texture. The portion could have been a bit bigger. The cole slaw was good, no complaints.
We were done about Noon, and the place was filling up fast, so they must do a good business.
Would we go back? Probably not. Especially when the choice for us is between a truly first rate Chinese meal or this disappointment.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The meat tasted like it was seasoned with fake smokey flavor, the green beans were canned and the coleslaw was not good.
I would not recommend this place at all