“Nice place for a good and quick dinner”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yans Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #104 of 160 Restaurants in Tigard
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Came there for a quick dinner with my wife. It took only 5 minutes from ordering to eating and everything tasted very good. Lots of food, so you'll probably take some of it home. It's not the charming place for a romantical dinner, but if you're hungry and want some good Chinese food for a good price, that's a good place to go.

1  Thank Max B
There are newer reviews for Yans Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed May 28, 2012

The Yan's we frequent is in McMinnville, OR on 99.... related to the Tigard one. Food is yummy, portions are big, service is super, place is clean and the hot and sour soup is soooo good. Best hot and sour soup in McMinnville by far. Ivy and her staff are always super friendly. Great place to dine. We usually eat off the Senior Menu. Great option for those who can't eat the huge portions.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Was hungry for good Chinese food and found it here at Yen's in Tigard. The menu had exactly what I was looking for and the prices were awesome. Best Fried Rice I have eaten. The chow mein was made of very fresh vegetables. The serving sizes were just right for a hungry person.
I wish I lived closer. I will visit again.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Great food! Atmosphere is only ok. Now that HiHat is gone I will be eating here.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We have reached a conclusion about Chinese restaurants. If they have Dinner/Lunch "Combos" listed on their menu, its a pretty safe bet that you are in for greasy/flavorless food. Such was the case with Yan's. The decor is pretty bland. Another sign that you are in a good Chinese restaurant (or for that matter any cuisine) is the aroma you smell when you walk in. With Yans, there was no such thing. If anything, there was a weird cleaning product smell in the air. The service was reasonable. Prices are comparable to most Chinese places. We ordered 2 items - Schezuan Beef & Almond Chicken. Most Chinese dishes are a blend of stir-fried meat and veggies. The secret is the sauce. We had one dish with white sauce and one with brown. Both were completely flavorless. This looks like a family operated joint. I hate giving a place a bad review when the people working there are nice enough. But I have to give this place a bad review based on the terrible food.

2  Thank PdxYatri