“great tacos, good price...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
San Jose, Costa Rica
“great tacos, good price...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

While we spent 2 weeks in Oregon, we visited this place at least 3 times. Good prices, great tacos. We got the orders to go and they were ready super fast.

• Visited October 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not the best Mex food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife drove by and said it was "packed" for lunch. So we went for dinner. Her Marguerita was super salty and weak. They replaced it with a beer, no charge. Much appreciated. My tamale was all masa and very little meat. Enchilada was weak on filling and flavor and my tostada was mainly beans. Couldn't taste the meat. All were dry. The garnish of cabbage, cilantro was nice, but couldn't add enough flavor. My wife's dish was a bit better, but lacked much flavor. Maybe this is what authentic Mex food is supposed to taste like. If so, then it is authentic. Floor was pretty dirty too. We won't return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Portland, Oregon
“Wonderful surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I had heard good reviews, but had not tried it. We placed a to go order Saturday night. The food was fantastic, especially the fish tacos. They use a nice piece of baked fish, not deep fried. The salsas were great. The refried beans were excellent. The order was accurate. The price was extremely reasonable. It was a great experience. I can't wait to go back.

Visited May 2013
Tualatin
“A really nice taqueria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Good place for a nice lunch. Not really a place for a romantic evening. It's got a large selection of choices (tacos, of course, but much more) which you order at the counter and are then served at your table. I've had a burrito (large and authentic), tacos, and the tamales, and even a macaroon cookie. Yes, it is a bakery, too, and the bakery scents are everywhere! With so many a la carte selections it's easy to go small or go large depending on appetite which has made this a great go-to place for groups from work.

• Visited January 2013
Portland, OR
“Can't judge a book by its cover!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Despite what some consider a relatively modest exterior, which has nothing to do with the quality or taste of the food, I enjoy this conveniently located place for a late breakfast (or early lunch) for a number of good reasons; the order desk is located at the entryway, so you enter, place your order and take a seat. I am invariably greeted with courtesy and enthusiasm, food preparation is reasonably prompt, the ingredients are fresh, the tacos and burritos are tasty, and it fits into my budget for lunch. For example, I had two chicken tacos and a beverage this January morning for only $6.
The air is scented with the aroma of fresh bread. Conversation doesn't have to compete with street or kitchen noises. In discussion, a friend commented that he'd passed it every morning on the way to work, but didn't consider the exterior attractive or inviting enough to draw him in. What has that to do with the taste or freshness of the food? The interior is pleasant, and the staff seems to enjoy their work. I think it's a comfortable place to eat my simple meal and ponder the path of my day, and I recommend it to others who appreciate the same features.
As I eased out of the parking space this morning to rejoin the northbound traffic on Hwy 99, I wondered if I'd reviewed Sanchez Tagueria already and realized I'd overlooked doing so. That was an oversight. Let me recommend it as worth a visit if you're in the area, and I'm well aware there are other Mexican eateries and fast-food vendors nearby.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Sanchez Taqueria? Share your experiences!