“A really nice taqueria”

Sanchez Taqueria
Ranked #68 of 165 Restaurants in Tigard
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Good place for a nice lunch. Not really a place for a romantic evening. It's got a large selection of choices (tacos, of course, but much more) which you order at the counter and are then served at your table. I've had a burrito (large and authentic), tacos, and the tamales, and even a macaroon cookie. Yes, it is a bakery, too, and the bakery scents are everywhere! With so many a la carte selections it's easy to go small or go large depending on appetite which has made this a great go-to place for groups from work.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Despite what some consider a relatively modest exterior, which has nothing to do with the quality or taste of the food, I enjoy this conveniently located place for a late breakfast (or early lunch) for a number of good reasons; the order desk is located at the entryway, so you enter, place your order and take a seat. I am invariably greeted with courtesy and enthusiasm, food preparation is reasonably prompt, the ingredients are fresh, the tacos and burritos are tasty, and it fits into my budget for lunch. For example, I had two chicken tacos and a beverage this January morning for only $6.
The air is scented with the aroma of fresh bread. Conversation doesn't have to compete with street or kitchen noises. In discussion, a friend commented that he'd passed it every morning on the way to work, but didn't consider the exterior attractive or inviting enough to draw him in. What has that to do with the taste or freshness of the food? The interior is pleasant, and the staff seems to enjoy their work. I think it's a comfortable place to eat my simple meal and ponder the path of my day, and I recommend it to others who appreciate the same features.
As I eased out of the parking space this morning to rejoin the northbound traffic on Hwy 99, I wondered if I'd reviewed Sanchez Tagueria already and realized I'd overlooked doing so. That was an oversight. Let me recommend it as worth a visit if you're in the area, and I'm well aware there are other Mexican eateries and fast-food vendors nearby.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Go to Sanchez Taqueria if you desire delicious authentic Mexican cuisine. My wife always wants food prepared to her liking and Sanchez Taqueria always has her saying, "That was Delicious". Sometimes, when ordering, they will ask someone to come out from the kitchen to listen to her wants. They've NEVER served a dish she didn't like. The food is delicious and, when asked, prepared to your liking. Whether it be ,mild to HOT,or an added ingredient, they usually get it right. The service staff is attentive and prompt when asked for something. It has always been an enjoyable experience when we eat in the restaurant or purchase a pastry from their bakery.

1  Thank Dane P
Reviewed September 20, 2012

this place looks a bit grimey from the outside but once you get in it is standing room only during the lunch rush. service is fast and prices are reasonable. the food is hot and very good. there are a lot of nick names for this place but i am sure it is to keep new comers from discovering the good food and nice people that are here.

1  Thank razzmoose
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Well, "hole in the wall" is a misnomer as it actually a large restaurant, but it does have that vibe and flavor... which I love. I live two blocks away which can be a real problem for me because I could eat out here every night of the week! The food is great and the prices are even better. They are not stingy with their portions either. Everything on the menu is super good but you cannot go wrong with a good ol' fashioned burrito. Caution though, they are whoppers. So if you get one bring your appetite or plan to share. This place it always hoppin' but you get your food fairly quickly. Great selection of Mexican beverages and they have a bakery too! So save room for desert. They have a website so look them up. Great family place but it's also good place to go out to with a buddy or two. THIS PLACE IS A DEFINITE WINNER!!

1  Thank Sonoftheway

Been to Sanchez Taqueria? Share your experiences!