“What a bargain”

Ranked #8 of 160 Restaurants in Tigard
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 7, 2013

They serve full dinners, real full old-fashioned Sunday type dinners. There is soup and salad and an entree and dessert. The food is comfort food, cream of chicken soup, well made bread and tasty not trendy salad dressings. I had a roast turkey, so it was Tuesday night, dinner with most of the fixin's. Our other entree was salmon. Good mashed potatoes and gravy, great al dente seasoned green beans, stuffing, cranberry sauce (not with the fish) and real roasted turkey breast. Dessert was included so we took home some of the entree for lunch the next day. Good coffee and the usual hot tea. Next time, I need a comforting meal in pleasant, yet old fashioned surrounding, I think I'll try the pork chops or roast chicken. Yeah, good parking a little hidden by Burger King. It looks like a log cabin.....

There are newer reviews for Miller's Homestead

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Not too bad. I had a skillet which had an option for a pancake instead of toast. Bad choice to skip toast. Hubby had a Denver omelet and chocolate chip pancakes. Again, the main dish was the better of the two. Pricy coffee
Not sure I would go back considering the 22 minute drive.

1  Thank Fred_n_Aaron
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Today was the last time I will ever eat at Miller's. Which is too bad, because the food isn't bad.

The customer service, however, is horrible.

I recently got an email from Amazon Local saying I needed to use a $20 off breakfast voucher at Miller's. I checked my voucher list online, and sure enough the site showed it as unused.

My wife and I presented the voucher before we ordered, and asked the waitress if the voucher was good. She said it was.

After finishing our meal, the waitress came to the table and said their records showed the voucher had already been used. I told her we got the Amazon Local email, and Amazon Local showed it as unused. She said the restaurant doesn't have a computer to enter when vouchers are used, but instead logs them manually in a written logbook. She said lots of customers were upset today because they brought in vouchers which were no good, even though Amazon Local said they were unused.

I asked to see the manager. I explained to her that we had asked before our meal if the voucher was still good, and were told it was. She said the waitress doesn't work many days, and should have taken the time to look it up in their logbook. I said if we knew it was no good, then we would not have ordered what we did.

Then the manager said that she noticed our voucher was one of the ones that for some reason was not entered into their computer, and showed me that other vouchers had check marks next to them but ours didn't. She said she hopes the owner doesn't do coupon deals again, because so many customers are upset that their vouchers are no good.

I said so you do have a computer, you do enter vouchers, but you missed ours. Also, your staff is supposed to check the voucher before the customer orders, but she didn't do so today. Also, there is no date listed as to when we supposedly already used the voucher in the logbook.

She said that was right, and she was sorry, and walked away. We're out $20 with no offer to discount our meal at all for their mistakes. They're out any future business from us, and probably lots of others who walked out upset today.

1  Thank pdxdude
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband I stopped by for dinner on a Saturday evening as the sign said no waiting. We ordered 6oz New York strip steaks (11.99) and loaded baked potatoes (2.00 extra). When our steaks arrived I couldn't believe how thin these steaks were,average thickness was 1/4 inch or less. The steak was over cooked. My husband said that the sole of his shoe was thicker and probably more tasty. The baked potato was a good size potato with plenty of bacon and a glob of cheese,no butter or sour cream so the potato was really dry. I would not "try" this resturant again as there are too many good places to eat in the ara within the same price range. The decor/atmosphere was authentic looking to give you that old west rustic feeling. I think the steak was from this time period as well.

1  Thank Kathy W
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I went here yesterday for the first time. I've driven by here for many years, and never gave it a thought. My wife suggested that we stop here for lunch, so I did. The atmosphere both inside and out are an authentic looking version of the old west. You would think you are in an old mining town. The menu is 8 pages full so many good choices, that it's hard to decide what to order. I had roast beef on white bread, and mashed potatoes, all smothered with a true homemade beef gravy. My wife had a Philli cheese stake sandwich, full of bell peppers, caramelized onions, and cheese. Both dishes were awesome. I plan to return, and try the many other yummy looking menu items. They do serve wine and beer. There is plenty of parking. It's next to I-5, on the Lake Grove side, and the first right south on Mcewan, then drive one block on the right. I wish I lived closer to this place, but when I'm in the neighborhood, just you wait.