“dinner style food”

Ranked #1 of 181 Restaurants in Tigard
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Nothing special but nothing bad. Good sandwiches, salads, lacks some seasoning. Quite family, older couple place.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Mid morning on a Sunday, 28 April 2014. No wait for a single, got a booth.

Hash browns and eggs benedict. [I just won't make Hollandaise (sp?) at home.] Just good breakfast food. I think the hash browns are consistently some of the best around PDX. Not over crisped on the bottom and cold on top, just nicely coked through on both sides.

A home relaxing place with good breakfast comfort breakfast food.

Bannings R, Owner at Banning's Restaurant & Pie, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Hello Jimmie.
I just wanted to thank you for coming in to dine with us and taking the time to write your review. Have a great day and I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner on a road trip and glad we did. One of our road trip rules is no franchise food. There is no adventure in franchise food so we always stop at local restaurants. This diner is very true to it's 1979 roots and seemed to be filled with locals. It was busy when we stopped but we were immediately greeted and seated. The service was prompt and courteous. I had the pot roast with mashed potatoes and fresh vegetable. The pot roast was tender and delicious and the potatoes were the real deal not a rehydrated fake masher some diners serve. Veggies were fresh green beans and were perfectly cooked and seasoned. The meat and potatoes were covered in gravy and that was perhaps the only place where the meal fell down. The menu says everything made from scratch but I think it is more likely the gray was a mix. Not that the meal wasn't good, it was but "from scratch" is different. My wife had the BLT on hazel nut bread and she says it was quite good. The restaurant could use some updating but then there is I certain nostalgic charm. The pies look incredibly good but we were to full so save room to at least share a slice. A great value with dinner and a generous tip around $30.
Bottom line, good grub. Go for it.

1  Thank lunchboxbrian
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I'm a regular at Banning's whether it be with my sister, granddaughter and her friends, other family or on my own. I've never had a meal here that wasn't enjoyed and recommended to others. Everything is cooked from scratch. Their chicken pot pies, blackened salmon Caesar salads, and hamburger and fries are among my favorites. The desserts are to die for! Carrot cake, pies (banana cream - yum!), the only problem is choosing which one! Discovering this place a few years back was a real win. Services are wonderful with friendly and efficient wait staff. Prices are excellent. I highly recommend giving them a try. You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Carol H
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We were greeted at the door with a smiling face and friendly person. Although the restaurant was busy, the lady asked what type of seating we "preferred". She accommodated our preference and seated us at a freshly cleaned table. The facility was exceptionally clean and designed to give all occupants plenty of room while they dine. Our server, Dakota, added to a delightful dining experience with her cheerful and "menu knowledgeable" presence. Our meal was served warm and promptly. This was a pleasant surprise, considering the restaurant was full of customers. Service continued with coffee/water refills and attention the satisfaction of our meals meal. The food was cooked to perfection. We definitely will return.