“Yum, yum and double yum!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Native Foods Cafe

Native Foods Cafe
Ranked #10 of 153 Restaurants in Tigard
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 503-968-9999
Portland, Oregon
“Yum, yum and double yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am not a vegan, a veg. head maybe... We love the food, it is healthier than the usual burger. The taste is great, not bland, not dry, In fact, better than most of the hamburgers I can remember eating. It is the condiments and the sides that raise your meal to a cut above. We have mainly stuck to the sandwiches and the soups, everyone else gets the kale and rice bowls with tofu and tempeh. We love the Portobello and sausage sandwich, the Reuben, and the Oklahoma Bacon Burger so much we have trouble expanding our choices. Favorite sides: the seasoned fries, sweet potato fries, kale, and dill potato salad. Tortilla soup and chili were great as well. I tried to make lavender lemonade at home and theirs is delicious. The desserts taste as good or better than they look, which is amazing. The service is nice, they bring your food to your table, you get and refill your own drinks. The have a loyalty card that you can get points from dining for a future discount. The table situation can be dire, if you come with more than four people when it is peak, which is just about anytime, seating will be a problem, sometimes parties of three are a problem in the winter, They have nice tables outside though, that allows you to people watch the mall goers ( in the center of Bridgeport Mall).

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tiredandtravelled

Portland, Oregon
“Love the Yo Amigo and Azteca salads!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Native Foods is one very tasty vegan restaurant! I am a carnivore and therefore very picky about vegan restaurants. I love the Yo Amigo Taco Salad and the Azteca Salad... my favorites! So fresh and flavorful... and I don't miss the meat at all. This is one of my two favorite restaurants at Bridgeport Village!

• Visited March 2013
San francisco
“my allergic child's dream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is the only vegan restaurant on the West side I know of. We suffer life threatening allergies and must have vegan food. My kids LOVE this place. The ONLY place my child can order food from. We get the nachos every time! The quinoa kids pasta and Daiya cheese bowl--wonderful, and my favorite--the mushroom/"sausage" burger. This place has been a blessing to us. We feel totally satisfied every time!!!

• Visited February 2013
Beaverton, Oregon
“Went in kicking and screaming and came out smiling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I am a meat eater and the last place I wanted to eat at was a vegetarian restaurant. I very quickly changed my mind after taking the first bite of my taco salad. Delicious! Very fresh produce and the meat substitute tasted like meat. I have since been back again and ordered the same thing. Employees are very friendly and came around and checked on my friend and I, even offering to refill our waters, clear our plates, etc. I prefer staying in my "comfort zone" when it comes to restaurants but I'm so glad I took a chance on this restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank T C
Castle Rock, Colorado
“It tastes good and it's good for you.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I am a vegetarian and always seek out local restaurants that cater to my quirky eating habits. This cafe has so many wonderful choices. I tried the polenta bites and the roasted tacos. Both were so good that I didn't even miss the cheese that would normally be included. I even had an organic beer. The meal had to be low fat. I am fairly certain that I walked out of there a better person.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lazerojos

Been to Native Foods Cafe? Share your experiences!